Author Topic: When the "disable rear staircases if jetway is enabled" rear door still opens.  (Read 2831 times)

aseinsha

Can confirm this happens with 737-900 at least.

DFWSupertrooper

This is happening on the PMDG 737-900/ER for sure.

Timmamanu

Are you perhaps using fs2crew?

sabres431

No Fs2crew or anything like that.  Rear door opens on Fenix and PMDG 737-800

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I merged two identical threads into this, the other already contained a confirmation we are aware of it, which I'll repeat here:

I think it always happened before though, you just happened to noticed it now, since we never had any code that would disable automatic door opening for the rear door if the rear stairs has been disabled, since the automatic door handler is part of the airplane database, while the rear staircase disabling is part of the airport profile, so they don't usually share data with each other.

sabres431

I merged two identical threads into this, the other already contained a confirmation we are aware of it, which I'll repeat here:

I think it always happened before though, you just happened to noticed it now, since we never had any code that would disable automatic door opening for the rear door if the rear stairs has been disabled, since the automatic door handler is part of the airplane database, while the rear staircase disabling is part of the airport profile, so they don't usually share data with each other.

This did not always happen before.  Something changed in one of the recent updates.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 05:34:48 pm by sabres431 »

MediumRareBaku

Yeah it 100% did not happen before, I am completely confident of that. This happened sometime roughly in the time period since the 739 launched.

SN737

There's a new update that does not fix this.

mhron

I confirm this. It was happening in the past before the "Disable rear staircases if jetway" option was introduced. It wouldn't make sense to bring this option if GSX was still opening a rear door when the aircraft is connected to a jetway like is happening now, would it? Since GSX v2.2.8 GSX just ignores this option and the rear door is automatically opened again. I tested it with PMDG 737-700 -800 -900 and Fenix A320. Latest update 2.2.9 didn't fix it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 02:56:35 am by mhron »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

Nowhere the release notes of this update indicates this would have been fixed by it. When we'll fix it, you will see in the release notes.

IMatAMS

Nowhere the release notes of this update indicates this would have been fixed by it. When we'll fix it, you will see in the release notes.

This was indicated as fixed in the March 3rd release notes, however it still occurs. (March 4th, PMDG 737-900 non-ER)

IM

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
This was indicated as fixed in the March 3rd release notes, however it still occurs. (March 4th, PMDG 737-900 non-ER)

Just run the update again now, I think we left a file outdated on the server, it's fixed now.

IMatAMS

Just run the update again now, I think we left a file outdated on the server, it's fixed now.

Thanks, seems to work fine now!