Author Topic: A proposition about luggage train objects  (Read 2919 times)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: A proposition about luggage train objects
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2023, 12:09:11 pm »
Personnaly, I NEVER want deboard my passenger when I am at the gate, just after having started a flight
I would agree, I wouldn't start a flight with deboarding, either. In fact, nobody mentioned starting a flight with deboarding.
Even if you don't wan't them to popup in a unrealistic manner, just in this case, you may spawn them at the spawn point an let them come like I proposed first.
The problem is if I am finishing a flight and getting ready to start a flight, I expect deboarding to start right away. I don't expect the baggage trucks to start arriving five minutes later, which is going to delay my next flight.
OK, you prefer a permanent unrealistic design, full of bad side effect, like these carts trains stupidly returning empty to the spawn point, to solve hypothetical rare cases which, moreover can be solved in a much clever way, that your right, but please, stop trying to convince my that the actual logic design is justified, this will simply NEVER happen.
I don't know why you're trying to pick a fight with me. You asked a question, and I answered it. I'm not part of the development team, so I don't have any input in how they design these things. I personally never really notice the empty baggage trucks drive off whenever I start a flight and call for boarding because I'm usually in the flight deck getting the flight set up. By the time I go outside to look at the airplane, they're already long gone.
Captain Kevin

ACSoft

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2023, 03:17:38 pm »
I would agree, I wouldn't start a flight with deboarding, either. In fact, nobody mentioned starting a flight with deboarding.

So, you admit that, if somebody load a flight at a gate, he will most probably, start a new flight and not disembark passengers This mean, it is not mandatory that these carts are present, near the aircraft in these circumstances.

Moreover, just after loading a flight at a gate, the user will simply see no GSX services at all around his aircraft, on the tarmac. He must choose first what he want to do and obviously, by doing this, he will indicate to GSX what configuration could be the best one. So, it is wrong to affirm that GSX cannot guess IN TIME, what is the best to do.

The problem is if I am finishing a flight and getting ready to start a flight, I expect deboarding to start right away. I don't expect the baggage trucks to start arriving five minutes later, which is going to delay my next flight.

With my last solution, you will simply not wait at all. Therefore, your argument is simply invalid.

I don't know why you're trying to pick a fight with me.

Because you and Umberto, you answer in a way where you try to convince me that I am wrong, moreover in an unfair manner, by ignoring scrupulously some obvious facts & truths I mention.

I personally never really notice the empty baggage trucks drive off whenever I start a flight and call for boarding because I'm usually in the flight deck getting the flight set up. By the time I go outside to look at the airplane, they're already long gone.

I personally have pleasure to switch to external camera, from time to time, especially, when boarding my passengers on airport, where I spend hours to customize my position, in order to have a spectacular PAX boarding from the terminal, on the tarmac ground and hate to see these stupid carts passing trough them !

Every tastes are in the nature !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2023, 03:28:55 pm »
OK, you prefer a permanent unrealistic design, full of bad side effect, like these carts trains stupidly returning empty to the spawn point, to solve hypothetical rare cases which, moreover can be solved in a much clever way, that your right, but please, stop trying to convince my that the actual logic design is justified, this will simply NEVER happen.

Quite the opposite.

We have a a realistic design, which have empty vehicles which ARE found in real life on empty gages, realistically going out as they are, without ANY side effects ( you made that up ), which in fact will be added if we tried to add your proposal, it might in fact add all those side effect we don't have, but we might, in case we had to add some kind of detection of your current flight status, which is something that is just not there, and it's nonsensical to add it JUST for this extremely minor "feature" that nobody basically will notice.

Because you and Umberto, you answer in a way where you try to convince me that I am wrong, moreover in an unfair manner, by ignoring scrupulously some obvious facts & truths I mention.

Well, at least it wasn't just ME... ever considered the idea you MIGHT be wrong ? Haven't you said you "gave up", multiple times ?

ACSoft

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2023, 05:13:29 pm »
This is not the informations I have on this matter, but you are right, I said already several time that I give up.

So, have a nice day !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2023, 05:50:19 pm »
This is not the informations I have on this matter, but you are right,

I don't know where this information you are referring to is coming from, but I've seen gates full of empty baggage carts so many times in real life.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2023, 03:27:56 am »
I don't know where this information you are referring to is coming from, but I've seen gates full of empty baggage carts so many times in real life.
Here's one.
Captain Kevin

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2023, 03:49:56 am »
So, you admit that, if somebody load a flight at a gate, he will most probably, start a new flight and not disembark passengers This mean, it is not mandatory that these carts are present, near the aircraft in these circumstances.

Moreover, just after loading a flight at a gate, the user will simply see no GSX services at all around his aircraft, on the tarmac. He must choose first what he want to do and obviously, by doing this, he will indicate to GSX what configuration could be the best one. So, it is wrong to affirm that GSX cannot guess IN TIME, what is the best to do.
Nobody ever disputed the fact that if you were to start a flight, one would start with the boarding. We're in agreement there. Usually, when I start a flight, the first thing I do is connect the jetway. As soon as I do that, the GSX vehicles pop up. So....at this point, how would GSX know what you want to do since all I've done is connect the jetway.
With my last solution, you will simply not wait at all. Therefore, your argument is simply invalid.
Your solution was this:
Even if you don't wan't them to popup in a unrealistic manner, just in this case, you may spawn them at the spawn point an let them come like I proposed first.
I don't know how you can say spawn them at the spawn point and let them come, whilst then simultaneously saying I won't wait at all. If they're at another spawn point, presumably, they would then have to drive to the gate, hence the waiting.
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to get at here. I literally only responded to you one time before you decided to pick a fight with me, and I only responded to answer your question regarding the marshaller logic versus the baggage train logic. Bear in mind I am autistic, so I don't necessarily think the same way everyone else does or see things the same way everyone else does.
I personally have pleasure to switch to external camera, from time to time, especially, when boarding my passengers on airport, where I spend hours to customize my position, in order to have a spectacular PAX boarding from the terminal, on the tarmac ground and hate to see these stupid carts passing trough them !

Every tastes are in the nature !
Just to clarify, I never said I don't ever go to the external camera view, but rather, by the time I have a chance to do it, the boarding is already very much underway, at which point, the empty baggage train wouldn't even be there anymore anyway. But I guess if you have the time to watch what's going on before getting the flight set up, more power to you.
Captain Kevin

ACSoft

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2023, 01:39:03 pm »
This is not the informations I have on this matter, but you are right,

Yes, they are here, but not to come systematically empty to the spawn point (which simulate, I suppose the luggage hangar), when a aircraft is spawn there and start to boarding procedure. THEY ARE THERE FOR LANDING AIRCRAFT, to charge baggage and bring them to the airport luggage room.

Can-you respect please, my will to stop this sterile polemic. By always answering, you force me to answer.

Or is it maybe because you want absolutely have the last word ?

ACSoft

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2023, 01:42:29 pm »
Here's one.

Same answer to you.

Yes, they are here, but not to come systematically empty to the spawn point (which simulate, I suppose the luggage hangar), when a aircraft is spawn there and start to boarding procedure. THEY ARE THERE FOR LANDING AIRCRAFT, to charge baggage and bring them to the airport luggage room.

Can-you respect please, my will to stop this sterile polemic. By always answering, you force me to answer.

Or is it maybe because, like Umberto, you want absolutely have the last word ?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2023, 01:47:52 pm »
Same answer to you.

Or is it maybe because, like Umberto, you want absolutely have the last word ?
Interesting that of all posts you decided to quote, you quoted one in which I wasn't even responding to you. I did respond to your other post because I'm trying to get clarification as to what it is you're trying to say since what you've said makes no sense and I am befuddled.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2023, 01:51:12 pm »
THEY ARE THERE FOR LANDING AIRCRAFT, to charge baggage and bring them to the airport luggage room.

Which is why, I started one of my first replies by saying that, because GSX is stateless between sessions ( doesn't remember what you were doing before starting or restarting it ) and can be restarted at any time, it doesn't do any assumption if you are playing the part of a departing aircraft, or one that just landed.

Yes, this MIGHT possibly be INTRODUCED with the help of Simbrief, but as I've said already, it should be to do something MEANINGFUL, not something so minor and hardly noticeable like this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2023, 02:00:54 pm »
Topic is locked, no need to add anything.