Author Topic: Fenix door 1L does not open automatically when boarding with stairs  (Read 1617 times)

BobbyFuzzy

It appears the 1L door is no able to be opened automatically when boarding (with stairs) - possibly since the last couple of [GSX] updates?

4L opens fine when stairs attached and boarding selected but not 1L.

I am using the internal database for the Fenix profile and have Assistance Services auto mode turned on, this has been my config since the release of GSX.

Log is attached.

Not sure what else could be issue.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 01:59:03 pm by BobbyFuzzy »

BobbyFuzzy

Re: Fenix door 1L does not open automatically when boarding with stairs
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 01:57:48 pm »
After some further testing I've noticed that when selecting boarding and then whether to board crew or not, the 1L door animation begins to play - as in the handle comes up but the door doesn't open, as if it's being opened and then immediately set to close again.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this and/or if it is known if this is intended behaviour or not?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 02:05:42 pm »
We found the problem, and it seems to happen only when there's no passenger bus coming, will be fixed in the next update.

BobbyFuzzy

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 02:12:27 pm »
Ah great, thank you, Umberto!

After some more testing I have just found disabling the 'Disable rear staircase if jetway' option seems to restore the automatic opening, but I imagine this all links into the same issue.

BobbyFuzzy

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023, 05:06:41 pm »
Umberto, congrats on the release today with some great improvements I know we have been waiting on!

We found the problem, and it seems to happen only when there's no passenger bus coming, will be fixed in the next update.

I am wondering if there has been any progress made on this front? A number of updates has occurred since this was noted and I'm still seeing issues with this.

I am finding now the rear stairs don't appear to want to move up to the plane at all. Both doors open on their own, though! Running the latest update - 2.4.0 - though this same issue was present in the previous version.

Edit: Since the latest update (SU12 Navdata fixed on), it seems the 'Disable rear staircase...' option has no effect on this issue, the rear staircase does not animate and move up to the rear door. When requesting boarding, crew, pax etc will use the staircase that hasn't moved and walk through the air to the aircraft. Log attached.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 05:27:10 pm by BobbyFuzzy »

BobbyFuzzy

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023, 05:41:51 pm »
Update: it seems if I (1) operate the stairs so they attempt to dock (scenario as above), (2) operate again so they are undocked, (3) toggle the 'Disable rear stairs...' option (doesn't matter if on or off) and then (4) operate the stairs again, it works as expected and the stairs animate.

However, restarting Couatl reverts me back to the same scenario as before with no animation for the rear. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 01:49:42 am »
We are aware of an issue that if you start with Operate Stairs as the first service called, the Rear door won't move.

We are looking into it, the current workaround is not start with Operate Stairs, but use the other service ( like Boarding ), which will operate the stairs correctly.

BobbyFuzzy

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2023, 03:27:56 pm »
Hey Umberto,

I wonder if this is something that is still being worked on? I am still noticing this is present.

I find it useful to use 'operate stairs' first in most scenarios as I also like to use the auto services option to save having to choose an operator each time but I also like to choose which order the services arrive in.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2023, 05:10:14 pm »
We'll surely have another look at it. In the meantime, just use the posted workaround.