Author Topic: VDGS activation on arrival  (Read 2332 times)

ecasalduero

VDGS activation on arrival
« on: January 23, 2023, 12:23:47 pm »
Good morning,

I need some help with the VDGS on arrival

On departure, with a simbrief plan, the VDGS on every airport I use, KORD or LSZH for example, with the ini from FSDT, show the correct and espected information on the gates with that system.

On arrival at these airports, on approach at a gate with VDGS, the VDGS show nothing, remain dark / not active. The approach to the gate are made at low speed, 2-3 knots.

I do not use AI injection. The problem occurs with and without API SU10. I use Axis&OHS with PMDG 738.
I do not select the arrival gate, nor follow-me from the GSX menu; only I taxi to the gate.

I have read almost every post in the forum and I think is not a fail from FSDT: is something that I not follow or adjust I do not made.

Every help appreciated.

Thanyou.

Emilio Casalduero
Madrid (Spain)

Pirateinparadise

Re: VDGS activation on arrival
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 01:45:58 pm »
On arrival at these airports, on approach at a gate with VDGS, the VDGS show nothing, remain dark / not active. The approach to the gate are made at low speed, 2-3 knots.

I do not use AI injection. The problem occurs with and without API SU10. I use Axis&OHS with PMDG 738.
I do not select the arrival gate, nor follow-me from the GSX menu; only I taxi to the gate.

I have read almost every post in the forum and I think is not a fail from FSDT: is something that I not follow or adjust I do not made.

Every help appreciated.

Thanyou.

Emilio Casalduero
Madrid (Spain)

Emilio - After you land and leave the runway (or while you are taxiing to the gate), activate GSX and select the gate that you are going to park at. This tells GSX where you are going, and makes it activate the VGDS before you get there so it will work when you park. You are not required to use the follow me car, but you are required to select the gate that you are going to use so that the VGDS will work.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 01:47:47 pm by Pirateinparadise »
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

ecasalduero

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 02:05:55 pm »
Thank you Pirate, a test the option these afternoon (it is clear) mi mistake is to soppose not neccesary to select previously the gate.

Emilio

ecasalduero

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 07:22:06 pm »
All OK,

Many, many thanks Pirate

Emilio Casalduero

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 03:02:38 am »
Glad I could help.  8)
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.