Author Topic: Do i need GSX world of jetways in community folder  (Read 1510 times)

Hawaiianstyle78

Do i need GSX world of jetways in community folder
« on: January 19, 2023, 07:23:27 pm »
I have gsx pro installed for MSFS. I excluded ALL of my 3rd party airport jetways. I just GSX pro specific profiles for each payware airport downloaded from flightsim.to. Once again I ONLY use my 3rd party airport jetways, NOT the gsx ones. Do I need GSX-World-of-Jetways installed into my community folder? MSFS takes forever to load up now that GSX is installed. 5+GB for the Gsx pro folder and 3+GB for the world-of-Jetways folder. If i dont need it based on info above, id like to Unlink it from my Addonlinker.

thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Do i need GSX world of jetways in community folder
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 10:42:12 pm »
You cannot remove that package because, it doesn't contain "just" jetways, as the name might suggest. It also contains all ground vehicles that are used as Ground vehicle replacement, even when the Couatl engine is not running. But, since these same vehicles are also used by the full GSX, you can't remove them, even if you weren't interested in replacing the default Ground vehicles too.

So, while you might technically be able to use just the GSX World package alone ( but of course it won't be the "real" GSX, just a replacement set of default Ground Vehicles *and* Jetways ), you can't use GSX Pro without it.

This is also explained in the first pages of the manual, the chapter named "Two products in one: GSX Pro and GSX World", which explains what each package does.