Author Topic: Quick edit pushback is recognised as slew  (Read 861 times)

Dr Jacobo

Quick edit pushback is recognised as slew
« on: January 16, 2023, 07:57:44 pm »
Hi,
Whenever I perform a pushback quick edit, the vaBase Acars program detects that I am slewing.
vaBase Acars is a program used by my virtual airline to log the flights of all our pilots.
This program alsa checks the validity of the flight.
Slewing is not allowed, so it is penalized.

Is GSX Pro sending slew information to FSUIPC?
The vaBase Acars uses FSUIPC for the flight information.

Is it possible to avoid this slew information?

Regards
Jacob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Quick edit pushback is recognised as slew
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 10:35:36 am »
GSX doesn't interface or use or connects in any way with FSUIPC, it's completely self-contained. Also, you posted this in the MSFS section, but you call it GSX, so it's not completely clear if you are using MSFS or FSX/P3D, because there's a big difference between the two:

- In FSX/P3D, GSX does set the airplane in Slew mode during QuickEdit, as it does with every of its editors. There's no way to prevent or change this, because GSX keys in FSX/P3D are only working in Slew. The only solution is to use pre-made Pushback Slots or a pre-saved QuickEdit.

- In MSFS, GSX Pro DOES NOT set the airplane in Slew mode, because the editor works in a very different way, using the Showcase Drone camera, because Slew mode in MSFS has a forced camera view that doesn't work for editing. What's happening during Quick Edit instead, is that GSX freezes the aircraft momentarily, but it's not slew mode, it's just setting some variables to temporarily disable the flight model to keep the plane in place during editing.

Dr Jacobo

Re: Quick edit pushback is recognised as slew
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 11:54:20 am »
Thank you for the clear reply Umberto.

I am on MSFS.
I will contact the developper of the Acars tool, besause it is clear the problem is not caused  by GSX Pro (correct so? 😂)

Regards

Jacob