Author Topic: Flightbeam LFBO with GSX  (Read 957 times)

bendead

Flightbeam LFBO with GSX
« on: January 16, 2023, 01:50:16 pm »
Hi

I have a difference between the profile available online for LFBO from Flightbeam bought on the marketplace and GSX. MSFS and charts gives me good gates reference U40, Z130, etc... But on GSX i only have numbers 23, 149,etc... And it does not correspond. I have the same on Littlenavmap.

Wasnt navdata api supposed to fix that. I tried to ask devs for the BGL, but some are unwilling to provide.  :-[

What should i do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Flightbeam LFBO with GSX
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 02:08:09 pm »
Wasnt navdata api supposed to fix that.

The SU10 Navdata will surel fix the inability for GSX to obtain data from encrypted airport, but that's not the problem you are having now.

The problem you are having is that you are using a profile which has been made BEFORE GSX could read the airport data so, it used a very questionable ( and never suggested by us ) method of relying on the default airport data, which was the only thing GSX could read back then, and make a profile by moving around the gates *defined* as they were in the default airport, to match the positions to the add-on airport.

This method was very unreliable because, even if it would appear GSX would "use" the parking spots in their correct locations, they would still be named like the default airport and all the taxiway layout network would still the default one so, it might work only if the add-on airport and the default airport weren't very different, but I'm sure you would have issues like vehicles not following taxiway routes correctly.

So, the real problem is you need a profile made to work with the correct data and, as counterintuitive as it might sound, you need to use the NON-Marketplace version of the GSX profile, and if with "available online for LFBO", you mean the one at flightsim.to, I checked the file, and it comes in two versions: a Marketplace version and a Main version.

If you enable the SU10 Navdata API, you need to use the Main version,  because the whole point of the Navdata API is precisely you don't need to do such tricks in GSX anymore and, assuming the Marketplace version of this scenery has the same parking spots as the non-Marketplace version, there shouldn't be any difference with the two.

I guess that profile creators that made GSX profiles this way, should rename the file or the documentation not to differentiate between Marketplace or not, but if you use the Navdata or not because, if for any reason you want to keep the Navdata option disabled, you still need to use the "Marketplace" file.

bendead

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 02:13:46 pm »
Thanks for reply, i found how to activate SU10 navadata at the end of your manual, will try again and report back

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 02:36:36 pm »
Thanks for reply, i found how to activate SU10 navadata at the end of your manual, will try again and report back

The most important thing is:

- with the SU10 Navdata API Disabled, you'll have to use the "Marketplace" version of the profile

- with the SU10 Navdata API Enabled, you'll have to use the "Main" version of the profile

Don't keep both files active in the GSX profiles folder, use only the correct one depending on the situation.

bendead

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 05:03:07 pm »

The most important thing is:

- with the SU10 Navdata API Disabled, you'll have to use the "Marketplace" version of the profile

- with the SU10 Navdata API Enabled, you'll have to use the "Main" version of the profile

Don't keep both files active in the GSX profiles folder, use only the correct one depending on the situation.

Everything is working now, thanks  ;D

I will delete all my profiles, I don't have much and start again