Author Topic: PMDG B-737-800 PAX version  (Read 1081 times)

AirBorne

PMDG B-737-800 PAX version
« on: January 16, 2023, 08:42:07 am »
Is there any reason why sometimes (about 70%) the front cargo hold won't load/unload? It seems the baggage train keeps static and also the belt load, also the door won't open.
Happens on different airports, no config changes, etc. The rear cargo proceedings always happen just fine, it's just the front one that occasionally gets stuck and prevent all other further actions to happen, for example I'm unable to request pushback when that happens. I have to kill COUATL and load it again in order to request the other things.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG B-737-800 PAX version
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 09:16:11 am »
Is there any reason why sometimes (about 70%) the front cargo hold won't load/unload? It seems the baggage train keeps static and also the belt load, also the door won't open.

Nobody reported this. We found an issue with the Cargo version, since the event code related to the Main ( left ) cargo door in the PMDG SDK has it wrong, but there shouldn't be any problem with the lower deck doors.

Note that, the current GSX version relies on the secondary FMC, by sending button events to it so, if the 2nd FMC is either busy or not available for any reason ( I think it doesn't work in C&D ), the commands won't be received. However, we'll change this in the next GSX update, which will use the PMDG SDK for the automatic door function instead of the FMC, which should work more reliably.

[it's just the front one that occasionally gets stuck and prevent all other further actions to happen, for example I'm unable to request pushback when that happens. I have to kill COUATL and load it again in order to request the other things.

Of course you don't have to kill Couatl to proceed after a closed door! Users have been using GSX for years without having an automatic door opening feature, by simply...opening the door manually from the FMC.

AirBorne

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 04:07:42 pm »
Good to know about the future update, I hope it fixes what I've described.
The copilot's FMS/CDU is working just fine, and I even see it changing.
The necessity to kill/close/reload COUATL is because it gets stuck. Whenever the loading/unloading of baggage does not occur (for a reason I don't know) it doesn't matter if open the cargo hold door manually or not, GSX won't do its thing no matter what, hence the reason why I have to kill it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 10:45:55 am »
The necessity to kill/close/reload COUATL is because it gets stuck. Whenever the loading/unloading of baggage does not occur (for a reason I don't know) it doesn't matter if open the cargo hold door manually or not, GSX won't do its thing no matter what, hence the reason why I have to kill it.

From your previous message, it sounded as you thought it was stuck because it couldn't open the door, which surely is not the case, since if it's not able to open a door automatically, it will just ask you do open it manually so, it would be best trying to understand what *other* reason it had to be stuck in a way you need to restart it.

This can be only checked with a precise reproduction step, with the complete sequence of operations, as detailed as possible.