Author Topic: GSX Not staying open  (Read 1357 times)

ScotiaMikeE

GSX Not staying open
« on: January 15, 2023, 03:32:22 pm »
hey, i moved everything MSFS related over to my A drive, theres more space for it. ever since then, gsx wont stay open. example: start up the flight, click "gsx", itll open and say "loading" for around 5 seconds max, then just close.  any advice? couatl stated (i assume)......

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Not staying open
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 09:41:34 am »
Please clarify exactly what you did by "moving". Have you moved the FSDT installation folder too ?

ScotiaMikeE

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 03:14:12 am »
yeah, i did. i reinstalled it under A: drive.

jonnydeadly

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 09:38:03 am »
Hiya pal

I’ve just went through something similar myself, moving onto a new SSD. Check out my thread if you’d like to see how I handled it in the end.

I basically uni stalled GSX through the installer, initiated ‘unins.exe’ in Addon Manager, deleted the Addon Manager folder, deleted the virtuali volder in Drive: Users/Name/Roaming, deleted the GSX folder in Roaming/Microsoft Flight Simulator/Packages and then went into the registry and deleted fsdreamteam, the method for that here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,29019.0.html

Unfortunately, the process was not very intuitive and could be handled much better, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 09:45:03 am by jonnydeadly »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 09:59:39 pm »
Unfortunately, the process was not very intuitive and could be handled much better, in my opinion.

See here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28838.msg187955.html#msg187955

jonnydeadly

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 09:19:35 am »
As a heads up, you will also have to modify a configuration file to reflect the path of your newly moved ‘Packages’ folder as explained at the bottom of this page: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015910560-How-to-install-Flight-Sim-on-a-different-drive-

You’re looking to edit UserCfg.opt and input the new path of your Packages folder.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 04:59:25 pm »
You’re looking to edit UserCfg.opt and input the new path of your Packages folder.

Well, of course you have to do that, it's the official procedure to move the MSFS Content to another drive and it should be done regardless of our products. And since this is the one and only correct procedure to tell MSFS where your content is, that's exactly the place where our installer looks into to know where your Community folder is.