Author Topic: you need to stop the engines to request ground services  (Read 3091 times)

vxlphy

you need to stop the engines to request ground services
« on: January 13, 2023, 05:54:07 pm »
hey everybody, i've been using gsx for a while now and it's  all been fine, but in the last week i get the message "you need to stop the engines to request ground services" everytime i try to use gsx,
i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still the same prolem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: you need to stop the engines to request ground services
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 06:07:43 pm »
Nobody reported this problem before. Please clarify which airplane you are using.

HeicoH

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 06:27:41 pm »
Same here, only that I got this message ever since I started to use GSX. With every airplane I use.
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 01:37:33 am »
Same here, only that I got this message ever since I started to use GSX. With every airplane I use.

I'm sorry but, I cannot replicate this in any way and again, if something so obvious really happened, we would have the forum completely flooded by reports, since it would prevent to use GSX completely.

Please clarify if you are using the current version because, one of your last posts, from last October, you asked how to completely remove GSX.

HeicoH

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 09:34:15 am »
You told me that I cannot remove GSX completly without removing Zurich and Basel airports as well (generally speaking, do not take that literally), so I decided to just not use it anymore until the main issues are fixed.

I tried it again today with the FENIX and the PMDG 800, just to confirm the problem still exists.

Currently I have the version 2.1.16, and the intaller tells me this is the up to date version. So I tried if it still goes that way.

I don't know why it has not been reported yet. All I can say is that I experience this not only in the last week, but ever since I started to use GSX, and I see it in a lot of live streams on Twitch and YouTube.

It does not appear when you start in the airplane's cold and dark mode, but it always appears in turnarounds. It goes like this: The GSX menu opens with the spinning wheel, a female voice says  "you need to stop the engines to request ground services", I get the same message in text at the upper left corner of the screen for 1 second or so, then the GSX menu disappears leaving the menu button in the toolbar highlighted.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 09:40:36 am by HeicoH »
Sandbox environment
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic

vxlphy

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 10:56:38 am »
Nobody reported this problem before. Please clarify which airplane you are using.
hello, thanks for replying! im currently flying the PMDG 737-800 and the Fenix a320. Same problem with both, it happens when i get in the sim in a cold and dark state and when i park to the gate as well.

HeicoH

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 01:19:31 pm »
There is a similar issue discussed here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28989.0.html
Sandbox environment
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2023, 09:57:53 am »
There is a similar issue discussed here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28989.0.html

And as I've posted there, I tried it, and cannot reproduce it. If you are doing something different, please indicate the precise, exact, reproduction steps, so I can try doing the same.

HeicoH

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2023, 12:14:18 pm »
please indicate the precise, exact, reproduction steps, so I can try doing the same.

Sorry for assuming that you knew what I was talking about when I wrote "turnaround". Here are the steps:

1. I start a flight from airport A to airport B in the airplane's C&D mode.
2. Once landed at airport B and reached the gate, one hour or so later I start a new flight (or call it a second leg) from the same gate at airport B to airport C (this is what I call a "turnaround"). I don't reset the airplane to C&D before the second flight (leg), because IRL you won't do that.

When in step 1 I start GSX before doing anything else, the issue does not appear.
When in step 2 I want to e.g. refuel or load new catering (as you would do IRL), the issue appears.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 12:17:11 pm by HeicoH »
Sandbox environment
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2023, 01:36:36 pm »
Sorry for assuming that you knew what I was talking about when I wrote "turnaround".

You referred to me to another thread, and I replied THERE, and nowhere in that there was any mention of "turnaround", so I made the test trying to replicate what the other user in that thread posted. I don't know if HE made a turnaround, it surely didn't seem so from his description.

Once landed at airport B and reached the gate, one hour or so later I start a new flight

You mean you stayed at the gate for an hour, on External power/GPU/APU, without ever going back to the main menu ? Does it get fixed if you restart Couatl during this time ?

HeicoH

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2023, 01:39:52 pm »
You mean you stayed at the gate for an hour, on External power/GPU/APU, without ever going back to the main menu ?

Yes.

Does it get fixed if you restart Couatl during this time ?

No.
Sandbox environment
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2023, 02:39:50 pm »
Does it get fixed if you restart Couatl during this time ?

No.

This seems to suggest it's not a GSX problem. It's possible that, after a while sitting at the gate, especially if you have lots of AI traffic and/or products that use Simconnect, the Simconnect might just be "stuck" and not supplying data to GSX.

Which is the only thing that can explain GSX not detecting the engines as stopped ( it just makes a Simconnect call, which of course is the same regardless if you did a turnaround or just started there ), especially considering is NOT fixed by restarting Couatl, removing any chance GSX would be confused on its state somehow.

HeicoH

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2023, 03:02:49 pm »
Does VATSIM Traffic and/or Multiplayer Traffic count for AI traffic?

Which other products should I disable to avoid a Simconnect "overload", so that I can do a new test flight to confirm (or not) the issue still occurs?
Sandbox environment
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2023, 10:48:48 am »
Every Simobject counts towards the limit, jetways, windsock, ground vehicles, airport vehicles, people. Regardless of how they are created, they all count towards the maximum number of objects allowed, after which Simconnect itself will start to break up and not replying correctly anymore until a sim restart.

It's just that, with AI Injection, it's easier to run into this issue, but it can happen without it.

ehenkes

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2023, 10:58:44 am »
... in the last week i get the message "you need to stop the engines to request ground services" everytime i try to use gsx,
i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still the same prolem.

This might be a hardware problem! I have experienced the same situation, and I looked inside and outside of my dark & cold PMDG 737, and I found nothing that could move the engine. Only the wind moved the engine smoothly, but this is no problem for GSX Pro.

Completely unnerved I tried the following:
I saved this flight situation with MSFS as xyz.flt, and I looked into this file with notepad, and here I found the solution. I show the part of Engine 1:

[Engine Parameters.1.0]
ThrottleLeverPct=0
PropellerLeverPct=1
MixtureLeverPct=0
Pct Engine RPM=1.7090790745684747336e-09
MaxReachedEngineRPM=12127.984193997664988
Pct N1=1.54969871290684508e-08
Pct N2=1.7090790745684747584e-07
LeftMagneto=True
RightMagneto=True
GeneratorSwitch=True
CowlFlapPct=0
FuelPumpSwitch=False
FuelPumpSwitch_EX1=0
FuelValveOpen=False
CarbHeat/DeiceSwitch=False
EngineMasterSwitch=True
GlowPlugTemperaturePct=1
IgnitionSwitch=2
StarterSwitch=False
EGT_DegR=536.58020596674316494
ITT_DegR=536.5802048836552558
FuelPressurePSF=1.7083211324659410251e-05
CorrectedFF=0
Afterburner=0

When I read "EngineMasterSwitch=True", it fell like scales from my eyes.  :o

I use the AIRBUS Thrustmaster Throttle, and it is also usb-connected with the PMDG Boeing. There are two Engine levers, and one of them was switched to ON. The B737 cannot show this (only Airbus has these engine 1&2 levers). Thus, you find nothing. It is a hidden (wrong) hardware problem!

After switching to OFF GSX Pro works wonderful again.  :)

I hope it helps a little bit.     

« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 11:48:35 am by ehenkes »