Author Topic: GSX does not load pre-saved airport and airplane profiles  (Read 1453 times)

VERTSPD

GSX does not load pre-saved airport and airplane profiles
« on: January 13, 2023, 09:45:00 am »
Hi,

GSX stopped loading  my pre-saved airport and airplane profiles. It used to before, and for some reason doesn't anymore. The files are still in my AppData\Roaming\virtuali folder like they've always been but for some reason these settings are not loaded when I start MSFS and GSX.

Thanks in advance,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX does not load pre-saved airport and airplane profiles
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 05:26:11 pm »
You don't say if you enabled the SU10 Navdata option, which changes the way profiles are loaded, since they are not linked to a .BGL in that case, but GSX will just load the first profile it finds for a certain ICAO, so it will be your responsibility you have only one active, and it's the right one from the scenery.

If there are more than one matching profile, if you enter the customization editor, there's an option to choose it manually, and this preference is saved in the GSX settings.

VERTSPD

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 05:57:44 pm »
So what should I do? I confess I'm a bit lost now... ::)

VERTSPD

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 11:11:11 am »
Ok. So I managed to find the option Navdata SU 10 API and it was disabled. I enabled it and now it asks me to load a new profile as it does not detect any of the pre-saved profiles. Since it does not detect any profile, it only reads newly created profiles, which means I have to customize everything again. Additionally, while trying to re-customize everything again I noticed that some of the key bindings are not working. I tried to reassign them to my controller as before, and none of them work, except for the F4 and F1 bindings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 09:48:56 am »
I enabled it and now it asks me to load a new profile as it does not detect any of the pre-saved profiles.

That's not what is happening. Is not that GSX didn't "detect" the existing profiles, it's just it's not using them, because they completely mismatch the data that is coming from the Navdata, as if they were made for a completely different scenery.

There are some profiles made before GSX was able to use the Navdata API, that used a very questionable method to trick GSX to "work" with Marketplace airports, by using gates name/numbers from the default scenery, and move them to the positions of the add-on airport. This "almost" worked, because the default .BGL was the only thing GSX could read, but if you enable the Navdata, the "real" data will not coming from the scenery, which won't match anything in the custom profile made for the default scenery.

Additionally, while trying to re-customize everything again I noticed that some of the key bindings are not working. I tried to reassign them to my controller as before, and none of them work, except for the F4 and F1 bindings.

You are not supposed to reassign them. To what, considering the MSFS interface doesn't know anything about the GSX editor ? In fact, as the manual suggests, you are supposed to REMOVE the assignment in the sim that conflict with the GSX editors, which are some in the drone camera view.