Author Topic: Question CRJ order of GSX operations  (Read 1968 times)

krkconsult

Question CRJ order of GSX operations
« on: January 07, 2023, 02:20:47 pm »
I have noticed that when boarding or deboarding the Aerosoft CRJ that the baggage alway waits to start until all passangers have boarded or deboarded.

The loaders move to the aircraft but the carts / trains wait. This occurs both with a jetway and without a jetway.

Is there a way to get baggage services to start loading or unloading at the same time as boarding starts?

luki117

Re: Question CRJ order of GSX operations
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 05:45:33 pm »
Sorry, cant help. But realized the same. And it sucks to wait so long.... I would prefere if the luggage is already at the gate when boarding starts, and dont has to arrive over this long ways...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 08:24:14 am »
When the airplane cargo doors are on the left side, luggage would wait for passengers, otherwise the loaders might clash with the passenger stair.

I would prefere if the luggage is already at the gate when boarding starts, and dont has to arrive over this long ways...

When you first select a gate, GSX cannot possibly know if your first action will be Deboarding ( luggage carts empty ) or Boarding ( luggage carts full ) and, it would be also unrealistic having carts full of bags popping out a the parking instantly instead of realistically come from a different place, like a baggage sorting facility.

Fact they take a long time has been explained many times, and it's caused by airport sceneries not being very well designed with regard to ground operations, see here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28719.msg187305.html#msg187305

krkconsult

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 10:37:37 pm »
Thanks for the explaination,

However, real flight operations, at least for Delta Airlines and their connector / commuter partners, when there is a Jetway in use baggage does not wait for passanger deboarding on the CRJs.

luki117

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2023, 05:03:18 pm »

When you first select a gate, GSX cannot possibly know if your first action will be Deboarding ( luggage carts empty ) or Boarding ( luggage carts full ) and, it would be also unrealistic having carts full of bags popping out a the parking instantly instead of realistically come from a different place, like a baggage sorting facility.

Fact they take a long time has been explained many times, and it's caused by airport sceneries not being very well designed with regard to ground operations, see here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28719.msg187305.html#msg187305

Hm, but i think most pilots start there flights with boarding. I know that the problem caused by airport sceneries. But most of airports have this problems and i can understand the devolpers that they dont update their airports only for GSX, because its a lot of work. So i think GSX should adaptet to the most occurring conditions. I mean it would be better (usually faster) when a full cart already waiting when boarding starts than the other way round.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2023, 06:10:21 pm »
Hm, but i think most pilots start there flights with boarding.

That's just an assumption, but you cannot rely on it. If you need to restart GSX for any reason after landing, you will start with Deboarding.

I know that the problem caused by airport sceneries. But most of airports have this problems and i can understand the devolpers that they dont update their airports only for GSX, because its a lot of work.

A proper airport layout with enough vehicle parking spots, placed in multiple positions close to their terminals and with a proper network of vehicle paths is not required "just for GSX": the simulator has its own Ground Services that can be equally affected by an airport made without any regards to ground vehicles flow, so it shouldn't be an excuse for airport developers to do a bad job.

If anything, GSX will force developers to pay more attention to ground services, improving the quality of sceneries out there.

luki117

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2023, 01:52:47 pm »
I`m sure most people start with boarding and not with deboarding. And even if you have to retstart GSX after landing then you have to wait longer. But at the moment you have to wait long everytime!
Make a poll if you dont believe it...

I dont think that GSX can educate developers to rebuild there airports. How many airports would updatet for GSX ground traffic since MSFS GSX pro exists??? Even most airports that have been updatet since MSFS GSX exists, dont get an update for there ground traffic.

It could be so simple: Let the loaded baggage tug wait at the gate... Or make a option, so that the user can choose if the baggage tug which is waiting at the gate is loaded or not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2023, 12:56:40 pm »
I dont think that GSX can educate developers to rebuild there airports. How many airports would updatet for GSX ground traffic since MSFS GSX pro exists???

Because you think an airport made without any care about ground service will have problems JUST with GSX ?

GSX only makes them more obvious, but a bad airport will cause lots of problems with AI traffic clashing into default ground vehicles too so, if the airport developers will try to put a bit more effort in that, their airports will work better even for people that don't even use GSX.

luki117

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2023, 02:11:12 pm »
The problem persists. Most flights are delayed (regarding the simbrief EOBT) and we have to wait,wait, wait -  only because empty baggage tugs has to leave first, before loaded ones come back.
This has nothing to do with the reality.

And i still can't see that the developers update their airports to avoid this.
I can't understand why you don't adapt to the circumstances.

So please give us an option to choose if the baggage tug which is waiting at the gate is loaded or not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2023, 11:56:00 am »
The problem persists. Most flights are delayed (regarding the simbrief EOBT) and we have to wait,wait, wait -  only because empty baggage tugs has to leave first, before loaded ones come back.

But that's not what's happening.

As explained in other posts too, the full baggage tugs that are coming are NOT the same that that went away empty: there are TWO set of tugs when calling Boarding: the empty ones that goes away and the full ones that are coming from another parking, and they both start at the SAME TIME so no, it's not as GSX is wasting time because it's making the same tugs going back and forth, they are not the same tugs, which is what you seem to have assumed here.

This means, the time it takes for the full ones to arrive it's exactly the time it would have taken even if there weren't any empty tugs to begin with: it simply the time it takes due to the location of the starting parking spot, which depends where the scenery developer has placed the parking of the "Vehicle" kind.

About the supposed too long waiting time, this should have been fixed in version 2.4.5, released April 4th:

GSX (all versions) NEW: Vehicles coming from afar will come faster, by accelerating depending on their distance from the user airplane, which will help reducing arrival times at large airports with vehicle parking spots not well spread.

This has nothing to do with the reality.

I agree, in reality the Vehicle parking spots are placed fairly close to the terminal they are supposed to serve, and if the airport has multiple terminals, there are also multiple staging areas for ground vehicles. That's how reality is, and that's how airport designers are supposed to design airports. If they don't care about ground services, it's an obvious flaw of the scenery, just as if it contained wrong parking types and sizes, which would mess with AI.

But again, the current GSX version, with the automatic acceleration feature, should have reduced waiting times quite a bit, on such badly designed airports.