Author Topic: With SU10 Navdata API option on, I must restart couatl after landing every time  (Read 5174 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
for your information, with "use SU10 Navdata API" ON and this tip added, I tested my flight LFML>LSGG where Couatl engine systematically cash before landing and this tip didn't solved nothing, almost in my case.

I never tried this fix, because I was never able to replicate that crash in the first place, I only reported something I ready on the GSX profile creators on Discord, who reported this fixed the problem for that, so it might be useful to try here as well.

ACSoft

I never tried this fix, because I was never able to replicate that crash in the first place, I only reported something I ready on the GSX profile creators on Discord, who reported this fixed the problem for that, so it might be useful to try here as well.
Yes, I thought you couldn't try this tip, as you said already before you was struggling trying to reproduce this cash of Couatl engine. So you known now that this tip is almost not a 100% solution. Maybe it is because I am still running Windows 10, maybe it solve the problem only on specific MSFS cases, this will be probably impossible to know !

maxhades

Have the same problem. The tricks doesn't solve it.

Max

Timmamanu

Yip! that trick didnt solve it

niftyguy239

So, I found the problem.
All what I need todo is remove "afcad_path =" from the airport config.
I made 5 flights today without the crashing problem.

It seems to be a problem if an afcad_path is in the config when you using Navdata API option.

;)

I can confirm this to work for me.  THANK YOU!!! Virtualli, this workaround fixes the crash.

ACSoft

Uberto,

One more feedback:

Yesterday, I flew again my flight LFML>LSGG with the intention to check frequently if Couatl engine was still running during the whole flight, not only on arrival approach and I was surprised to see it had already crashed, when I tested for the first time, just after reaching my cruise level 280. So I restarted it manually and it didn't crashed again during the whole rest of the flight.

Hope this info might help.

Timmamanu

Tried deleting the afcad_path , without success. Any suggestions ?

andyivey

I was the author of the tip on the GSX Discord about making an exception for Couatl64_MSFS.exe - That's the only app that the setting is being disable for so that is very low risk. Unfortunately, the fix only works the first time you try it. After that, it behaves as it did before.

I'm convinced that some security setting or perhaps memory management setting in Windows 11 is killing the EXE after it goes idle during a flight. I used to have the same problem with FSUIPC but since I reinstalled it (and it loads with the sim as Couatl64 does) it remains alive the whole time.

I'm tempted to uninstall GSX and reinstall it to see if that works.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 12:17:18 am by andyivey »

Gerwil

My last 2 flights went succesfully, Coatl still running at the arrival airport.

Three things I did:

1 - Run Couatl64_MSFS.exe as admin. (Had this already on, didn't help)
2 - Run Couatl64_MSFS.exe in Windows8 compatibility mode. (most likely this not)
3 - Exclude Couatl64_MSFS.exe process from Windows defender MSE. (This! seems what did it)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 09:16:43 pm by Gerwil »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
2 - Run Couatl64_MSFS.exe in Windows8 compatibility mode. (most likely this not)

This shouldn't be very useful.

3 - Exclude Couatl64_MSFS.exe process from Windows defender MSE. (This! seems what did it)

This is why we always suggest to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions. Much better, because not only it will prevent any executable there to be harmed by the antivirus but, since we also have all our products files there, excluding the whole folder will make the startup faster.

moxiejeff

Why Does Couatl Engine Close Mid-Flight, Every Flight?
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2023, 02:03:50 am »
This isn't a new issue/bug for me, but finally wore down to come here to write a post about it.

Every single flight, I have to restart Couatl Engine before I arrive to my destination, without fail. I assume this is happening to others? Anyone know a fix?

It's frustrating/annoying to have to always remember to restart the engine because it crashes in mid-flight.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Why Does Couatl Engine Close Mid-Flight, Every Flight?
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2023, 04:46:02 pm »
As discussed many times on the forum, we haven't been able to reproduce it yet. Users have reported several possible solutions like:

- Be absolutely sure the antivirus is configured with the WHOLE Addon Manager folder added to its Exclusions.

- Changing the properties for the Couatl64_MSFS.exe to run "As Adminstrator"

- Enable "Windows 8 Compatibility" for the EXE, in the same page.

- Disabling DEP for the process, as explained here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28908.msg188612.html#msg188612

I cannot vouch if any of these is valid, because I was never able to replicate the crash to begin with, I'm only reporting what other users posted.

moxiejeff

Re: Why Does Couatl Engine Close Mid-Flight, Every Flight?
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2023, 11:31:38 pm »
Will try these potential fixes and will report back. Thanks!

moxiejeff

I notcied, If I'm using the SU10 Navdata API option on, Couatl seems to be crashing before landing. This occurs every flight.
If I want to have GSX after landing, I must restart couatl manually.

I'm using Couatl64_MSFS.exe file version from 16.12.2022 (version 4.8.0.5105)

Same here; glad to find this thread. Thought I was losing my mind as it crashes on every flight before arrival.

andyivey

This shouldn't be very useful.

This is why we always suggest to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions. Much better, because not only it will prevent any executable there to be harmed by the antivirus but, since we also have all our products files there, excluding the whole folder will make the startup faster.

I've tried this Umberto, and it didn't seem to help. Using Windows 11, I think there's some other security setting that I need to adjust to allow the app to run without being automatically shut down. Do you have any additional thoughts or suggestions?