Author Topic: GSX Pro jetways do not appear in 3rd party airport dispite being enabled  (Read 1322 times)

Danielgarzag

Hi,

I have 3rd party airport that has static jetways, I want to replace those with GSX's jetways, however, they do not appear, despite the airport being in the 'enabled' section to have its jetways replaced. I don't know what to do to solve this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro jetways do not appear in 3rd party airport dispite being enabled
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 01:39:18 am »
I have 3rd party airport that has static jetways, I want to replace those with GSX's jetways

You shouldn't do that in the first place, because the GSX jetway replacement files are only meant for default airports, since jetways are placed in the same position as they default ones, in the default airport so, they won't match very well with a 3rd party airport that likely has a different terminal structure. But in addition to the visual problems, they will likely malfunction as well because, what makes a jetway working, is its association with a specific parking name/number, and the GSX replacement jetways are associated with parking names/numbers coming from the default scenery.

So, unless you have the very unlikely situation of a 3rd party scenery that has its own jetways placed exactly in the same position as the default ones from the default airport, and also have its parking spot named and numbered exactly like the default airport, the GSX replacement file shouldn't be used, and that's why GSX tries to automatically detect all 3rd party airports, and Disable the jetway replacement file for them automatically.

Danielgarzag

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 05:04:39 pm »
I had this addon for P3D, and they too were static jetways, and I was able to add GSX's jetways and they worked fine. But why don't they appear in the MSFS version? In the p3d version, I just deleted the static jetway files and moved and positioned GSX's jetways in those same spots. But I don't get the customize jetway button in this version.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 05:18:59 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 05:23:38 pm »
I had this addon for P3D, and they too were static jetways, and I was able to add GSX's jetways and they worked fine. But why don't they appear in the MSFS version?

You didn't had this capability in GSX, it required several extra things not available in MSFS:

- SODE, which was a freeware utility that replaced the whole default jetway system with a custom one

- GSX Level 2, which was a paid expansion that added full jetway customization through SODE.

The way GSX Pro does jetway replacement in MSFS, is completely different than what GSX+GSX L2+SODE did in FSX/P3D, and provides better looking jetway models that still use the default jetway system, and happens using a set of pre-made .BGLs that are only supposed to be used with default airports.

Danielgarzag

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 09:11:53 am »
also to add, it seems like I can't add GSX's jetways to no airport at all, how can I add them? I select "jas a jetway" and I don't get the customize button.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 02:21:31 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2023, 02:23:00 pm »
also to add, it seems like I can't add GSX's jetways to no airport at all, how can I add them? I select "jas a jetway" and I don't get the customize button.

Have you ready my previous post ?

It explains quite clearly, why you cannot just add jetways like in FSX/P3D with GSX+GSX Level2+SODE, and why there's not customized button for them in MSFS, due to the completely different way in which jetway replacement is done in MSFS, and the fact GSX Level 2 and SODE don't exists in MSFS.