Author Topic: No pushback  (Read 1576 times)

igorbischi

No pushback
« on: December 28, 2022, 11:18:12 pm »
Hello! 737 pmdg + latest version of MSFS - GSX (updated today). I request pushback (at gate 402 at default LIRF airport), select start engine(s) before pushback, listen to the message: "Hello Captain etc." and subsequent messages up to "Locking gears". There are no errors (SimBrief OK), wheel choks are removed. I am asked for the direction and choose Straight pushback... after that nothing happens. I am not prompted to release the brakes. And even doing that nothing happens anyway. The marshall stands in front of the pushback lever without doing anything.
What could be the problem? Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 01:02:00 pm by igorbischi »

igorbischi

Re: No pushback
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 11:31:38 am »
... forgot the log, thanks!

igorbischi

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 02:52:41 pm »
p.s. if I do not choose the option to start engines before pushback, the pushback works normally, so I think it is something to do with whether or not to start engines before pushback

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 12:43:55 pm »
Your log doesn't show anything related to your pushback procedure, it only show you started the sim and then quit.

p.s. if I do not choose the option to start engines before pushback, the pushback works normally, so I think it is something to do with whether or not to start engines before pushback

Are you sure the engines are started then ?

igorbischi

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2022, 02:59:01 pm »
Hello, thank you for your reply.
I did a new test hoping that this time the log will be more meaningful. I prepared the aircraft until pushback, which I requested with the option "start engine before pushback". The tug is positioned regularly, but again the marshall remained in front of the pushback lever without doing anything and the procedure stopped.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 03:06:45 pm »
Now your log simply shows that, after you selected a straight pushback, the connection with the sim got lost. Are you using lots of add-ons ( especially AI traffic injection ) that might possibly overload the simulator with commands, compromising Simconnect ?

igorbischi

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 03:29:53 pm »
No, for this test I did not activate AI injection (I only have FSLTL) or other addons. To speed up the aircraft preparation and to make sure I didn't miss anything I used the new version of FS2CREW for the 737. The airport (LIRF) is the default one. Apart from this I have no other addons.

marinosk

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2022, 09:55:21 pm »
This is an issue that has been reported again in the past by many users - so you are not alone. Basically, it is currently impossible to quick edit the pushback and then pushback normally, unless you restart Couatl and then select "Use saved pushback" option.

igorbischi

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 10:17:14 pm »
Thank you for your reply. However, I did not perform a quick edit of the pushback, I only selected the straight pushback option.

dawgfan58

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2023, 08:18:59 pm »
This is an issue that has been reported again in the past by many users - so you are not alone. Basically, it is currently impossible to quick edit the pushback and then pushback normally, unless you restart Couatl and then select "Use saved pushback" option.

I'm having this exact issue. I restart couatl and select use saved pushback. It works then.

Darewell

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2023, 07:55:53 pm »
The workaround is to add at least one waypoint, I use NUM 5 to automatically add two.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2023, 12:41:00 pm »
The workaround is to add at least one waypoint, I use NUM 5 to automatically add two.

I tried to replicate this problem, but I was unable to, here's a video showing QuickEdit works even without waypoints:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzAly9xMPYM

However, even if it works without waypoint, it's best to always add the two automatic ones using NumPad5 after setting the final airplane position, because what these waypoints will do, is to ensure the start and ( most important ) the end of the pushback will be perfectly aligned with the airplane heading, preventing the truck to be skewed at the end of the pushback so, it's best to always add them in any case.

Darewell

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2023, 04:38:05 pm »
I shared this workaround because, like others, I still have this issue (tried again today after months of using the workaround with numpad5 or F6 and still having this issue, and without any traffic if that matters).

I had not the issue at the very beginning. Not a big deal anyway, I mastered the quick edit pushback ^^ And I will start using custom GSX profiles (I don't totally trust the automatic pushback)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 02:00:02 pm by virtuali »