Author Topic: Persistent unsolved problem  (Read 874 times)

miata54

Persistent unsolved problem
« on: December 27, 2022, 01:51:25 am »
As has been echoed by many others that use the FSX/P3D platform,
https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27843.0.html
this problem 3 months later, has not been addressed. Prior to a September update, this problem did not exist. I am speaking of missing jetways at arrival airports, both my four FSDT airports and twenty three third party airports. If you start a flight at any of these airports that have been previously configured removing the default FSX jetways in favor of GSX SODE jetways (using the GSX Control Panel utility that creates an Exclude file), when you land at any of these airports, there are no jetways present at the terminals. The only way to restore the jetways is to restart the Couatl Engine via the drop down GSX menu from the Addon Menu. It wasn't this way.

If you can not figure out the problem, could you assign a Hotkey value to the Couatl Restart command for minimal disruption of arrival at the designation airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Persistent unsolved problem
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 11:15:30 am »
We still haven't been able to reproduce it. It MIGHT have been caused by a difference in reading the ground altitude but now, in the current version, the handling of the ground altitude is exactly like it has always been in FSX/P3D for years.

It would be best having precise reproduction steps, including the precise, exact, description of all sceneries used, especially the kind of jetway they use.

yurirodin

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 03:17:24 pm »
We still haven't been able to reproduce it. It MIGHT have been caused by a difference in reading the ground altitude but now, in the current version, the handling of the ground altitude is exactly like it has always been in FSX/P3D for years.

It would be best having precise reproduction steps, including the precise, exact, description of all sceneries used, especially the kind of jetway they use.

I can tell you that when I landed yesterday in KBUF by FlyTampa this was exactly the problem I had (no jetways displayed until I restarted couatl). I have an ini file in the virtuali folder that was created when I created the custom jetways for that airport (FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT), but that shouldn't matter with regards to this problem. If I were to load into that airport when starting P3D the jetways are there, it's only when you arrive at the airport that this problem shows up. This problem also shows up upon arrival at FSDT KJFK (FSDT_SODE_JW_TB3) that came with an ini file when installed. To reproduce this problem you have to do a flight (or simulate one) in P3D. If you just load up an airport it will look fine.

miata54

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 09:11:05 pm »
Umberto:

If you can not figure out the problem, could you (FSDT) assign a Hotkey value to the Couatl Restart command for minimal disruption of arrival at the designation airport?