Author Topic: Jetways - Some solid, corrugated some glass!!!  (Read 3315 times)

Imaduffus

Re: Jetways - Some solid, corrugated some glass!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2023, 04:32:20 pm »
It would be helpful to know the *content* of your UserCfg.opt file, most importantly the last line which points to the installed packages folder

Hi Umberto, thanks for your fast reply.

Just for being sure not to miss anything, please find attached the config file zipped.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2023, 05:09:18 pm »
Everything looks correct there. The only explanation I have, there must be some conflicting package in your Community folder, which is getting an higher priority than GSX replacement jetway files.

Imaduffus

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2023, 11:25:35 pm »
Everything looks correct there. The only explanation I have, there must be some conflicting package in your Community folder, which is getting an higher priority than GSX replacement jetway files.

Thanks again for the fas reply.

I have emptied the community folder completly. Still I see the default jetways. Then I enabled the experimental package reorder tool and put asobos jetways below the FSDT jetways, still the default jetways are there. :'( :'( :'(

If its about the packager prority, what package should be reordered?

I am loosing hope... I really wonder whats going on.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2023, 12:01:15 pm »
I have emptied the community folder completly. Still I see the default jetways. Then I enabled the experimental package reorder tool and put asobos jetways below the FSDT jetways, still the default jetways are there.

Do not use the reordering tool, that's why I asked to remove the Content.XML: to undo anything you might have done with the reordering tool, which has several issues and will confuse troubleshooting.

Since everything looks correct, and nobody has this problem, I'm starting to suspect the conflicting scenery is something in the Official folder, most likely something bought on the MS Marketplace: do you have some idea what might be ?

Imaduffus

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2023, 04:27:10 pm »
quote author=virtuali link=topic=28806.msg188553#msg188553 date=1673348475]
I have emptied the community folder completly. Still I see the default jetways. Then I enabled the experimental package reorder tool and put asobos jetways below the FSDT jetways, still the default jetways are there.

Do not use the reordering tool, that's why I asked to remove the Content.XML: to undo anything you might have done with the reordering tool, which has several issues and will confuse troubleshooting.

Since everything looks correct, and nobody has this problem, I'm starting to suspect the conflicting scenery is something in the Official folder, most likely something bought on the MS Marketplace: do you have some idea what might be ?

[/quote]

Hi again,

first try was without any experimental tools, it looks default. Second one was desperatly trying it with prioritiy settings of the package tool. It did not help. I already removed the content.xml file and yea, still no success.

I havent bought anything from the MS Store. The onyl thing which is running automatically and separatly is
"Better Bravo Lights" and "FSRealistic" but they habe nothing to do with jetways.

About the "official MS folder", what else can I show you so you might be able to help me with troubleshooting?

Yesterdays I made a "check" of the MSFS within Steam, but that went pretty fast. After that I started MSFS2020 and I was wondering that it looked like it would redownload and reinstall the game entirely. I was like "well let the game do" after some hours of download and installation I was hoping that finally it might work, but still nothing. :-(

Imaduffus

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2023, 07:15:03 pm »
Hi Umberto, today I did it. I removed every mod, every addon and enhancement from my PC followed by removal of MSFS2020 and wiping the registry (wise registry cleaner). Than I started by installing from scratch the Game and only added GSX Pro as addon and THERE we go. Its working. What was very strange and different. I was in SBGR and before I was not able to chose the the airport handlers, now I can. I did not miss that. Maybe that was part of the problem. So now I will add one addon by another and we will see how it will work.

Maybe this solution might help someone out there.