Author Topic: Couldt find Valid AFCAD  (Read 691 times)

MyNameIsPeeeter

Couldt find Valid AFCAD
« on: December 19, 2022, 07:41:31 pm »
Good evening,

After Installing GSX I ran into the Issue that it couldt find valid AFCAD files.

In Terms of troubleshooting i went trough the effort off:

- Completet GSX Reinstall
- Excluding from Antivirus
- Modded Scenery/Aircraft
- Base Scenery/Aircraft

From the Limited knowledge I gained with reading the Log it seems like GSX is trying to reach H:\Hoarding\Flightsim , a path that doesn't exist.
Ive used that path in the past but went trough a complete reinstall of Microsoft Flightsim and the correct path now is D:\Flightsim

Additionally the Live Updater is also detecting the Steam version Im using in D: but also a Microsoft Store Version in H: that I never used.

Logfile is Attached

Thanks for the help in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couldt find Valid AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 02:10:06 pm »
From the Limited knowledge I gained with reading the Log it seems like GSX is trying to reach H:\Hoarding\Flightsim , a path that doesn't exist. Ive used that path in the past but went trough a complete reinstall of Microsoft Flightsim and the correct path now is D:\Flightsim

The issue is, GSX is reading the old path from your UserCfg.opt file, see this line in the log:

pathToInstalledPackages H:\Hoarding\Flightsim

So, it seems that for some reason, even if you reinstalled MSFS in a new folder, the old path is still there in your UserCfg.opt, which is the only place GSX can possibly look for to see where your Community folder is.

Additionally the Live Updater is also detecting the Steam version Im using in D: but also a Microsoft Store Version in H: that I never used.

Now it's more clear. It seem you used to have an MS Store version, now you are using the Steam version. The problem is possibly caused by a bug in the MSFS Store uninstaller, that doesn't clear up the old preference folder when you uninstall the MS Store version.

If you are sure you are not using the MS Store version anymore, remove this folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Which should have been removed by the MS uninstaller.