Author Topic: Long Pushback with U-Turn Flips Aircraft Back Instead of Smooth Push Around  (Read 714 times)

DFWSupertrooper

First off, I love GSX and am thankful that is is evolving so well - much better than initial release and have troubles less and less thanks to you!

I recently got the new KEWR and the accompanying payware GSX configurations from another developer. Both products work beautifully irrespective of one another, and for almost all pushbacks (the "short" ones) there is no issue. However, when I use the "long" pushback options (for example, from C-132 to Spot 2) where IRL the aircraft is pushed out and u-turned back around facing north, the truck pushes forward from the side of the aircraft then flips it backwards, then flips it back north facing again to finish, instead of a smooth u-turn operation.

I don't feel like this is a bug with either product, but rather the GSX tow truck not handling a u-turn properly. I was using the PMDG 737-800 if that makes a difference as well. Can you try to replicate on your end and see if you get the same u-turn issue? Again, not complaining - awesome work overall - just making sure pushbacks can use long u-turns as in IRL if possible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
GSX surely is capable to have a custom pushback that makes a smooth u-turn, but it requires to be programmed correctly in the GSX profile, that problem you are reporting seems to be caused by not having set the custom waypoint orientation correctly.