Author Topic: GSX SU10 navdata API, not reading correct positions in SACO  (Read 1612 times)

lmhariano

GSX SU10 navdata API, not reading correct positions in SACO
« on: December 16, 2022, 11:45:43 pm »
Good afternoon. I've found that, even with SU10 Navdata API enabled, I can't make GSX recognize the correct parking spots. This is a trial I did with SimulaciĆ³n Extrema SACO, purchased at the Marketplace:

I loaded a flight in Gate 5, and then requested GSX to reposition my aircraft. These are the results:

- Requested Gate 6, ended up somewhere close to Gate 1.
- Requested Gate 5, ended up in Gate 3.
- Requested Gate 4, ended up in Gate 7.
- Requested Gate 2, ended up back in Gate 5.

Crosschecking with Aivlasoft EFB (which can't read Marketplace airports), I find I was sent to the default parking positions. I'm having a similar situation with SierraSim SKBG, also from Marketplace. This may not matter during departure, but at arrival I can't select the gate correctly. Am I expecting too much, understanding the API wrong, or wasn't the SU 10 Navdata API supposed to detect the correct parking positions?

Please see the attached log, and screenshots of MSFS and the EFB showing the position differences. Am I doing something wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX SU10 navdata API, not reading correct positions in SACO
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 12:27:27 am »
Good afternoon. I've found that, even with SU10 Navdata API enabled, I can't make GSX recognize the correct parking spots. This is a trial I did with SimulaciĆ³n Extrema SACO, purchased at the Marketplace:

You don't say if you have a custom GSX profile you made for that airport you made or downloaded, of you have a GSX custom profile for that airport in general because:

- When the Navdata API is in use, GSX cannot automatically load a profile based on the .BGL in use, because there's no .BGL in use, so it's your responsibility the custom profile is made for that scenery.

- Even if the custom profile was supposedly made for that scenery, if it was made before GSX supported the Navdata, it's possible ( I've seen tutorial explaining this ) the creator might have done it in a way to trick GSX that was loading the default .BGL, by using the default .BGL parking names, and tweaking their positions to match the addon scenery. This method is very unreliable and, of course, when GSX used the Navdata, is completely useless and in fact might just cause the problem you are reporting.

So, first, to be sure GSX is really using the Navdata correctly, remove any custom GSX profiles you might have made/downloaded for that airport from the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS folder.

lmhariano

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 01:54:58 am »
Thanks, Umberto. I don't have any profile at all installed (I'm too lazy for that). Furthermore, the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS folder is empty.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 02:39:07 pm »
Thanks, Umberto. I don't have any profile at all installed (I'm too lazy for that). Furthermore, the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS folder is empty.

Please post a screenshot showing GSX airport customization page.

lmhariano

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 12:14:25 am »
Thanks for your time, Umberto. Please see attachment. Is this one?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 01:38:33 pm »
Thanks for your time, Umberto. Please see attachment. Is this one?

Yes, and it shows you are not using the SU10 Navdata API, because when you do, the name of the .BGL won't appear in the airport customization page.

lmhariano

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 04:30:44 pm »
Strange, since I set it through the GSX Pro settings in the universal installer. Should I run the installer as admin?

EDIT: I've arrived home and tried again (after cycling a jetway on and off), and now it works. I even tried doing a SABE-SACO flight, and now, after landing, I'm offered the correct gates. I don't know what happened, but thank you very much for your time, Umberto!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 01:04:22 am by lmhariano »