Author Topic: Distinguish between nearby parking positions  (Read 948 times)

RogePete

Distinguish between nearby parking positions
« on: December 16, 2022, 09:05:07 am »
Hi there,

the fact that GSX isn't able to distinguish between two parking positions nearby is well known. But I wonder, why GSX still picks the wrong position, if I land at an airport and told GSX where I will park during taxi. The (GSX) marshaller is there - at the correct postion - but when deboarding GSX still gives me the procedure for the nearby position and not the one I parked on.

Isn't it possible to find a solution to tell GSX where I'm parking (and GSX 'remembers' that), even with nearby positions?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 09:06:54 am by RogePete »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Distinguish between nearby parking positions
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 03:04:18 pm »
the fact that GSX isn't able to distinguish between two parking positions nearby is well known.

That's no longer the case, the issue of not being able to distinguish between two parking spots that are very close, has been solved in the December 2nd update:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

GSX (all versions) NEW: Added custom Parking Threshold Distance, to sort out cases in which two parking very close to each other would prevent GSX to correctly identify the right one.

This of course can't be an automatic setting that could possibly work everywhere, but it requires setting a lower threshold distance only for the parking positions that are affected because, lowering the default value ( 25 meters ) everywhere, would cause GSX not detecting you are inside a parking spot too frequently, even in parking spots that have more than enough clearance from each other.

The (GSX) marshaller is there - at the correct postion - but when deboarding GSX still gives me the procedure for the nearby position and not the one I parked on.

By default, not using any customization, is just not possible the GSX Marshaller would appear in a position that looks different than the one of the other vehicles, since ( by default ), ALL vehicles including the Marshaller, are all placed at some distance from the center of the parking spot GSX has detected to be the right one so, either they are all wrong, or they are all right.

The only possible case you see this, if when using a custom profile that somebody must have customized to be like this.

RogePete

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 06:06:04 pm »
Thanks Umberto, didn't know that.
And the person who made the custom profile neither (cause it was a custom profile, but without the setting defined, so it still was the default 25m).

argaeus

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:52:38 pm »
I have this problem and even though I lovered the threshold distance value (thinking that it was the cause) on settings page for both cases to 10 m, I still cannot activate the VDGS correctly. The distance between the 2 parking spots are approx. 15m. and jetways are working as expected. Am I making a mistake somewhere?