Author Topic: Ground services not working  (Read 1799 times)

vikingnope

Ground services not working
« on: December 13, 2022, 05:36:16 pm »
I believe to have found a bug with the addon after many days of swearing and bumping my head against the wall. (Hope this isn't some stupid mistake I did)

So, when I decide to start the sim by selecting a Gate as the departure on any airport, all of the ground services work exactly as they are supposed to, even after taking off and landing at the same airport.

When on the world map I select to just land at the airport, as an example if I select Manchester Airport (EGCC) and click 'Set as Arrival' and just land the aircraft normally, the airport ground services do not work, they will show up but only the jetway moves, nothing else, not even the follow me car.

So I believe this is a bug, or maybe there is either something wrong with my installation or with my brain, but everything should be fine (I think)  ;D

P.S. Forgot to mention I am not using any addons for Manchester Airport, and if anything this happens with every airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ground services not working
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 04:28:09 pm »
When on the world map I select to just land at the airport, as an example if I select Manchester Airport (EGCC) and click 'Set as Arrival' and just land the aircraft normally, the airport ground services do not work, they will show up but only the jetway moves, nothing else, not even the follow me car.

I just tried that, using the default Asobo A320, selected an airport to land only ( you said it happens everywhere, so I tried default LIMC Milan Malpensa ), manually landed there, selected a Gate after landing, asked for a Follow Me, it arrived normally and guided me to the Gate, which was ready with vehicles, selected Deboarding, and it worked normally.

Please clarify if:

- If you have the SU10 Navdata option Enabled or Disabled ( I have it Enabled )

- If you selected the gate before landing or after landing and if the GSX menu worked before landing, showing all nearby airports.

vikingnope

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 06:15:15 pm »
If you have the SU10 Navdata option Enabled or Disabled ( I have it Enabled )

Yes I have it enabled.

If you selected the gate before landing or after landing and if the GSX menu worked before landing, showing all nearby airports.

No, I selected the runway to land on and then chose a Gate from the GSX menu after landing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 03:36:37 pm »
Are you using AI Injection programs and/or high AI settings ? The only possible reason of your problem is Simconnect is just stopping to work, due to the overload caused by these products, which cause the overall number of Simobject in a scene to be too high. This is a known problem in MSFS that is being investigated.

What you can try is:

- Lower the AI Injection settings, or stop using AI Injection altogether.

- If you don't use AI Injection, just lower the AI density

- Disable the "Ground clutter" option in the GSX Config Panel and run the Update again, so it will download a more lightweight version of the Jetway replacement files that will contain less objects ( just jetways ) not increasing the amount of objects compared to the default. However, this will only make a difference in default airports, which are the only ones where jetway replacement should be used.

vikingnope

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2022, 08:55:33 am »
So I have MSFS AI turned off as I usually use FSLTL but I tried it without the injector and it still did not work. I also tried turning off ground clutter and it also did not work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2022, 02:36:16 pm »
So I have MSFS AI turned off as I usually use FSLTL but I tried it without the injector and it still did not work. I also tried turning off ground clutter and it also did not work.

Then you must have another similar add-on that is also placing too much stress on Simconnect and/or creating too many objects, which might cause that.

As I've said, I couldn't replicate your problem, so it's surely something else you installed that is causing the same problem that is normally associated with AI Injection.

In some cases, it might just the scenery itself that is just too dense so, a first test would be trying in a different airport, maybe a default airport.

vikingnope

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 05:00:45 pm »
I do not believe I have any other AI Injectors.

With regards to the airport it is the default Manchester airport which I was trying, and this doesn't just happen at Manchester, it happens in other places as well.