Author Topic: Re-fueling no animation  (Read 2097 times)

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
Re-fueling no animation
« on: December 12, 2022, 09:50:55 pm »
Before the update (around summer time), it showed 2 men doing the re-fueling my 737 Max but after the update, only the truck showed up and did nothing while refueling and left. See a screenshot. Is there any way you can bring back an animation?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Re-fueling no animation
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 04:49:56 pm »
Nothing in the update could possibly have changed this.

As explained so many times in the forum, you are not supposed to see the crewed fueling vehicles, unless the refueling point under the wing is HIGHER than 3.40 meters from ground, and this is usually lower on a 737 so, the only way to force the platformed vehicle ( which is the only crewed one ) on a 737, is to set the airplane refueling point outwards enough that it will be higher than 3.40 meters from ground, with some spare, since its actual height won't always be the same depending on payload.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 04:52:02 pm by virtuali »

villaloha

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 03:45:25 pm »
"As explained so many times in the forum...." I am not supposed to be a beta tester or spend my life on this forum to find out it actually is broken. Before the update, I did configure the refuel for my 737 Max, after the update, it has changed. It added 2 loaders for my CRJ's and fuel truck has stopped working. Did I update it? Did I change it? No, it was you so please settle with your tone and try to understand our frustrating.

Even I updated today, it doesn't change anything. Jetways still disappeared. I had to cache every airports.

After pushing back and as soon as a guy said "Have a good trip", a person, push-back truck and others disappeared abruptly. I prefer to see him walking back to the gate while I engage my plane away from the gate.

Lastly, I PURCHASED and I PAID GSX and never asked for any troubles or such. I was very very upset that you changed with how loaders works. The original ones, I can leave both loaders sitting with the aircraft. Now not anymore. I really regret that I updated the GSX. I don't see why can't you provide configure where your customers have an opportunity to set their preferences? Such as I prefer to leave the loaders with the aircraft, some probably prefer voice sound and such instead of only YOUR preference.

I certainly hope you understand.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 04:28:02 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 04:28:08 pm »
"As explained so many times in the forum...." I am not supposed to be a beta tester or spend my life on this forum to find out it actually is broken. Before the update, I did configure the refuel for my 737 Max, after the update, it has changed.

Fact you are now saying you edited the airplane, seems to indicate you KNOW in order to see the crewed Fuel truck, you must edit the refueling point under the wing to be higher than 3.40 meters from ground, and it has always been like this since the vehicle came out.

Nothing has changed, nothing is "broken" and, of course, it works perfectly fine here, after being sure the refueling point under the wing is higher than 3.40 meters from ground.

This obviously should take into account the airplane weight so, if the airplane was very light when you edited it, and you set it the refueling point to be *barely* above 3.40 meters from ground, it's very likely with an heavier load, the actual position in use might still be *below* that limit, resulting in a non-crewed truck to come.

Of course, before replying, I also tried, because even if I'm SURE nothing is "broken", you never know and, of course, IT WORKS, see the attached screenshot I just made NOW.

villaloha

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 04:32:01 pm »
Yes I had to re-configure again with the CRJ's and 737 Max. It's working now. I don't know why it changed after the update.

Very nice, you have 2 buses floating!!  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2023, 04:35:22 pm »
Yes I had to re-configure again with the CRJ's and 737 Max. It's working now. I don't know why it changed after the update.

Nothing has "changed", you just realized your existing custom profile for that airplane wasn't correct, and fixed it.

Very nice, you have 2 buses floating!! 

And what makes you think those are buses, and are even coming from GSX ?

That's the O'Hare animated train, it has nothing to do with GSX of course, it's possible the rail track under it can't be seen because I had a too wide angle for the screenshot, which usually cause object to disappear due to LOD. But again, completely unrelated to this post or GSX.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 04:45:34 pm by virtuali »

mjl1966

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2023, 01:52:55 am »
Nothing in the update could possibly have changed this.

As explained so many times in the forum, you are not supposed to see the crewed fueling vehicles, unless the refueling point under the wing is HIGHER than 3.40 meters from ground, and this is usually lower on a 737 so, the only way to force the platformed vehicle ( which is the only crewed one ) on a 737, is to set the airplane refueling point outwards enough that it will be higher than 3.40 meters from ground, with some spare, since its actual height won't always be the same depending on payload.

Yes, you've said it many times.  And I will say THIS again:  The fueling point on my Majestic Q400 is well over 3.4 meters and yet there is still no animation for refueling...  And yes, I saw your video where it works for you.  Good for you.  How do I get it to work for me?

(And you really should hire a customer service person.  You're a brilliant coder.  Not so much with handling customers.)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2023, 11:53:34 pm »
And I will say THIS again:  The fueling point on my Majestic Q400 is well over 3.4 meters

Can you show the GSX airplane editor when editing the fuel point ? The top green bar should show the height.

I don't know what do you mean exactly with "well above 3.4 meters" but, since the editor works over the airplane empty static weight, while in operation the loaded airplane will stand lower because of the weight, if you haven't provided enough headroom to compensate for that, it's possible the actual refueling point, in operation, is not really higher than 3.4, even if it was in the editor.

mjl1966

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2023, 04:21:11 am »
Q400.png is for the Majestic.  Green box shows height is 4.99 m
q400_refueling_height.png shows the truck progressively refueling, but no animation and the height still at 4.99m

« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 04:54:29 am by mjl1966 »

mjl1966

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2023, 06:46:06 am »
I'm wondering if the problem is with the little Texaco truck?

I tried refueling with my QW 146 with heights varying between 2.4 (which I know is too low, but I was exploring) and 3.99.  In all cases, the small white Texaco truck will count out the gallons progressively, but no animation.

Then, I tried it with my PMDG 738, which has the height set at 3.61 by default.  That airplane brings out the big truck, which works fine.

Is it possible the little Texaco truck simply has no animation?

Destroy

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2024, 04:28:45 pm »
Did the answer to this issue ever get fully explained or resolved? I'm seeing similar inconsistencies and am not sure why.