Author Topic: Nose wheel disconnect - pushback failure work round  (Read 3118 times)

dougjuk

Nose wheel disconnect - pushback failure work round
« on: December 10, 2022, 04:02:10 pm »
Hi,

So twice now when pushing back in the Fenix A320 the pushback has sort of stumbled and a small leap in the air for the nose wheel occurs.  The pushback truck disappears and the pushback stops part way through.  So that should be a minor issue BUT you are left with the pin in the nose wheel unable to steer. 

First time it happened I could not sort it so restarted the sim.

Today, I tired a range of things again, restarted the couatl - no change, used pushback helper to connect and disconnect the truck - no change.
I was almost at the point of restarting when I tried another way.
Select a gate and warp there, stop the engines, then you can use pushback again and it works fine.

So it definitely would be good if there was an option to clear the pin manually in the event of an error of some kind.

regards

Doug

johnathon34

Re: Nose wheel disconnect - pushback failure work round
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 03:17:32 pm »
Same thing happened to me a couple of times had to restart.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 03:39:12 pm »
Today, I tired a range of things again, restarted the couatl - no change, used pushback helper to connect and disconnect the truck - no change.

It's not possible that restarting couatl won't fix this, because precisely for the reason to prevent you to be stuck with the bypass pin and the airplane frozen, when you restart Couatl, not only all objects created by it, like the bypass-pin, will be removed ( and this is not even something we coded, it's done automatically by the sim: when a client restarts, all objects created by it are removed ), but the airplane will be un-frozen, so it will be exactly in the same state as nothing happen, before calling GSX.

But maybe you were not referring to the *visible* pin created by GSX but, instead, some internal simulation that happens in the Fenix in reaction to GSX, like the disconnection of the nose steering followed by an eventual reconnection after the pushback ?

In this case, is not something we have any control over, if the airplane has some custom code that reacts to GSX pushing to set one of its systems, only the airplane code can restore its state, for example in case of a restart, which might happen, and can be checked, because during a restart, the public variables that GSX sets during pushback, will be reset as well, so the airplane has a way to detect a restart. The airplane will also be unfrozen during a restart, so even the standard variables related to that state will reflect that.

dougjuk

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 03:39:33 pm »
I think your right about the Fenix, but to be fair I have not used another aircraft.  In the Fenix EFB it showed a pushback truck connected but in the text there was no truck.  It was very odd.

Nothing is perfect and I am working out ways to make these things work together.

I am hoping for more GSX integration by Fenix in the future.

regards

Doug