Author Topic: A310 fuel charging  (Read 3944 times)

luki117

Re: A310 fuel charging
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2022, 03:54:46 pm »
Tahnk you @TravelerRay

I tested it, and it seems to work. Sometomes the truck still leave after seconds, but the calculated fuel quantity seems correct now.

Johan217

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2022, 04:40:08 pm »
@TravelerRay
Many thanks!!!

Copper

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2022, 05:02:02 pm »
That's likely because the quantity you selected is not higher than the one you had before you called the GSX refueling.
Please implement support for defueling in GSX, it happens IRL sometimes too and there is no reason the fuel truck shall just stand there and being stuck in a loop of voice prompts if you unloaded fuel from 19t to 6t for instance.
It should detect any change in the fuel amount (above certain treshold, e.g. 100kg per second to account for fuel consumption by APU), wait for some time (based on the "force progressive fueling" option and timing settings) and then drive away.

The fact that GSX does not accept defueling is the issue here. The above mentioned steps to edt config files are just workarounds.
Or at least having the option to send away the fuel truck manually would be useful since otherwise the whole process gets stuck and you only get out of it by restarting Couatl or by loading a higher amount, let the fuel truck drive away and then load the low amount that you actually need. That kind of interaction kills immersion.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 05:05:09 pm by Cipher »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2022, 02:39:34 pm »
The fact that GSX does not accept defueling is the issue here. The above mentioned steps to edt config files are just workarounds.

Fact GSX doesn't allow defueling is not an issue, it's obviously intentional and has been like this for the past 10 years, and nobody ever had any issue with it or suggested GSX should perform defueling too, but of course is something we might consider for a future update.

Copper

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2022, 04:53:47 pm »
Fact GSX doesn't allow defueling is not an issue
I disagree, this whole thread is about this being an issue :)

nobody ever had any issue with it or suggested GSX should perform defueling too
Not so sure about that...
https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14875.msg108495.html
https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18310.msg127443.html#msg127443
https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16296.msg119411.html#msg119411
People run into this issue repeatedly, yet you say this is not an issue and hasn't been for 10 years?

we might consider for a future update.
Please do so. It happens IRL, there is no reason not to support this in the sim. In most cases users have no influence (apart from editing config files) on how much fuel is loaded initially. It's just pure luck that the A310 is one of the first airliners in MSFS to be running into this issue on most flights.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 04:57:22 pm by Cipher »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2022, 02:37:46 pm »
I disagree, this whole thread is about this being an issue

You are saying it's an "issue" but, an issue in my view is a failure to perform to specification. Here, GSX is behaving to specs, because it has been explicitly programmed only to FUEL the airplane, not DEFUEL it.

Not so sure about that...

People run into this issue repeatedly, yet you say this is not an issue and hasn't been for 10 years?

I'm not sure what you were trying to point out here, those threads I linked just proved by point, both because there are so FEW of them, considering how much time GSX has been around, but even considering what it's being said there, which is the normal way GSX works. It just Re-Fuels, it doesn't De-fuels.

Please do so. It happens IRL, there is no reason not to support this in the sim. In most cases users have no influence (apart from editing config files) on how much fuel is loaded initially. It's just pure luck that the A310 is one of the first airliners in MSFS to be running into this issue on most flights.

Now you finally getting there, and agreed it's not an issue and it's normal for GSX to work like this ( because we made it this way ), we might use the proper approach in requesting for new features.

Copper

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2022, 05:34:31 pm »
You know what, nevermind. It's not worth the effort.
Deleted my original post since it has no purpose to try to argue with you.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 11:57:28 pm by Cipher »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2022, 02:00:52 pm »
You know what, nevermind. It's not worth the effort.

I could say the same about you: regardless of my effort to explain the obvious difference between an "issue" or the request for a new feature GSX never had, they seem wasted and there's no point arguing with you.

But the fact remains that nowhere we ever said GSX supports De-fueling, and the manual is quite clear explaining the refueling only works with an increase of fuel so, again, GSX is working as designed, this is not really opened to questioning.

Will we consider adding De-fueling as a new feature ? Possibly, since new features are added constantly.