Author Topic: VDGS Display Error  (Read 1885 times)

jpccaldas

VDGS Display Error
« on: December 06, 2022, 06:18:15 pm »
Hello!

I found a possible bug in VDGS system. The error is the same as here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26612.msg174172.html
For me, it happens if I do rotation flights. For example: LPPR -> LPPT -> LPPR. If I park in the same gate, this happens. I can even see the first departure time in the screenshot. See attachment please.

Thanks in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: VDGS Display Error
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 10:23:28 pm »
Are you switching to a different Simbrief plan (and pressed the Reload Simbrief button ) for the return flight ?

jpccaldas

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 10:39:12 am »
Yes, and by the way, on version December 5th, 2022 the reload SimBrief button does not work most of time. I saw that you released a update today, I'll update and get back to you with news about this.

Thank you!

RogePete

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 10:22:45 pm »
Have the same after the latest GSX update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 10:48:40 am »
Have the same after the latest GSX update.

Please clarify if the issue is the overlapped text or the Simbrief button not refreshing the flight plan, which is the only thing the update does. And please clarify if you are also doing a turnaround, that is switching to the return flight while the VGDS was already active.

RogePete

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 10:54:12 am »
Please clarify

Sorry, I have the overlapping text in the VDGS (any sort of docking system). Simbrief import  works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 11:04:33 am »
Sorry, I have the overlapping text in the VDGS (any sort of docking system). Simbrief import  works.

And my last question, if this happens only if you are doing a turnaround, or always ?

RogePete

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022, 12:03:01 pm »
Nope. It happens with a 'normal' flight. Start the MSFS and spawning at the gate. I don't do turnarounds without restarting the whole sim (hence also GSX).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2022, 02:42:10 pm »
Nope. It happens with a 'normal' flight. Start the MSFS and spawning at the gate.

So your problem is different, because the OP specifically indicated an issue related to turnaround, because he saw the original departure time displayed.

Since I can't see this on normal flight, it's possible your issue might simply caused by too many AI or objects in general or too many calls to Simconnect made by several add-ons at the same time, which prevents GSX to send all commands required to clear a text when required. Are you using AI with Injection ?

RogePete

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2022, 11:14:23 am »
Are you using AI with Injection ?

Yepp, I do. I'll check if this is happening without the injector. I did use AI injection before the latest GSX update though, without this problem. Don't know what changed.

RogePete

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2022, 07:48:01 pm »
Ok here're my findings. When spawning at the gate and activating GSX (without injected traffic), everything works fine. After injecting traffic everything seems fine also for the first 5 to 10 minutes. Then the overlapping issue starts with the VDGS. Which could in fact indicate a simconnect issue (the more planes getting injected...).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2022, 03:48:35 pm »
After injecting traffic everything seems fine also for the first 5 to 10 minutes. Then the overlapping issue starts with the VDGS. Which could in fact indicate a simconnect issue (the more planes getting injected...).

I was quite sure about that. When Simconnect is overwhelmed with connections, it starts ignoring commands because it just cannot process them all.