Author Topic: Marshaller too high  (Read 3188 times)

glc100o

Re: Marshaller too high
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2022, 10:25:09 pm »

I downloaded the December 7 update twice, last time this morning,  which release notes suggest the Marshaller too high issue should be resolved for PMDG 737. Tried at a couple of gates at KSNA 5, and 8 I think and the Marshaller is still up on stairs way above the aircraft fuselage, so issue remains.Umberto could you maybe check that airport to see if the fix is working? I spawn on the runway near to the gate with engines running and then pull up the menu to select a gate and taxi to it in a few seconds.

Greg

I think this reply got lost and wanted to elevate it again for Virtuali's  response re Marshaller position.
Thanks
Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2022, 03:38:17 pm »
We further tweaked the ladder threshold distance in today's update.

glc100o

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2022, 02:23:04 am »
Checked at KSNA and it worked, Marshaller on the ground and visible all the way in, Thanks.

What determines the height of the digital readout? That still disappears before final stop. I wonder if this is an ASOBO camera issue.

Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2022, 05:23:45 pm »
What determines the height of the digital readout? That still disappears before final stop. I wonder if this is an ASOBO camera issue.

In today's update, we lowered it.

glc100o

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2022, 07:19:12 pm »
I checked it out at KSNA and now it works perfectly! Marshaller on the ground, easily visible and digital readout just above the Marshaller easily visible all the way to stop.

The "Show me the spot" feature is a great addition, as most default ASOBO airports have no gate numbers, and its a real challenge to find the gate.

Thanks for the quick fixes,

Greg

fcmusician

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2022, 11:49:09 pm »
Politely:  Your suggestion for the rear stairs once again evades my issue- I DO NOT WANT to have to 'adjust' for no rear stairs at EVERY USA AIRPORT I fly the 737 into or out of!  Why do you insist on disregarding American pilots?  Because the rear stairs are 'common in Europe', you Americans can just edit each and every airport you go into or out of?  That is NOT user-friendly!  Giving all pilots a simple setup checkbox to turn the rear airstairs "on or off" makes the greatest amount of sense, and with a nod to your European buddies, you can make rear airstairs "ON" by default and let us third-world pilots over in USA able to check a simple tickbox to get rid of them ALL, Worldwide!!!!!!!  Instead of asking us to go into the setup on a one by one airport basis!  PLEASE consider doing this, I know many users will thank you.

You can edit that right out with each aircraft you fly by unchecking the rear door in the aircraft editor.
Frank B^)