Author Topic: I often have to restart the coautl when arriving at an airport.  (Read 2708 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I often have to restart the coautl when arriving at an airport.
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2022, 10:21:17 am »
I've had this problem rarely before turning the SU10 navdata on. After I had it lots, or all the time. Since turning the SU10 navdata back off i've not had to restart in the 3 flights i've done since.

This is useful information. Do you recall if the Couatl program was still running at that time ( so it was just an issue of it being stuck ), or it quit/crashed ?

IMatAMS

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2022, 02:11:31 pm »
Unfortunately in subsequent flights when NOT using SU10 navdata it was not loading again, and restart was required.

The program was still running afaik. the box in the toolbar is white. The menu opens but gets stuck on loading. I always open GSX using a hotkey.
Fixing it requires closing the app in the toolbar then starting COUATL using the 'start couatl' .exe

Could it be that the issue is that the program remains active (white icon in toolbar) during the flight?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2022, 02:17:32 pm »
Could it be that the issue is that the program remains active (white icon in toolbar) during the flight?

It shouldn't make any difference but, it's the workflow suggested in the manual: turning the Toolbar icon off, when ground services are not required anymore.

IMatAMS

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2022, 04:46:54 pm »
Didn't make a difference as you predicted. However it appears for the last few flights when the issue came back I had SU10 navdata on. Have turned it off again, if that solves it again there might be a correlation.

IMatAMS

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2022, 04:59:18 pm »
It seems to hold true for me , that SU10 navdata ON-> need to restart Coatl after landing. SU10 Navdata OFF -> GSX works without restart after landing.

shaunnicholson

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2022, 07:19:45 pm »
I also have this issue. Every flight I need to restart to be able to use GSX upon arrival. Also have su10 navdata turned on. Before when that wasn’t a feature yet it worked fine.