Author Topic: [Solved] Passenger climb on top of jetway in last section!  (Read 1101 times)

mskhan1991

[Solved] Passenger climb on top of jetway in last section!
« on: December 03, 2022, 03:48:18 pm »
Hi guys, I was trying to add GSX profile for my scenery but it seems that even after manually placing pax gate and waypoints the pax seem to want to climb the last section. I don't know where they keep getting the height information from for the last section? Also I have tried adding following in config file but it doesnt change anything.

[jetway_rootfloor_heights]
Msk_karachi_jetway = 2.97

« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 03:33:42 pm by mskhan1991 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passenger climb on top of jetway in last section!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 06:51:08 pm »
Try removing your custom waypoint firsts.

mskhan1991

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 08:32:48 pm »
Removed Custom Pax Waypoints and [jetway_rootfloor_heights] tag but still the passengers and crew come from last rotunda's roof.

I have tried following solutions!

1. Added custom waypoints, PAX GATE at building entrance to jetway and them till last rotunda location. They come normal till the last waypoint inside rotunda but then when they are about to leave for aircraft door they climb to some weird height.
2. Kept Custom waypoints and added  [jetway_rootfloor_heights] to 2.97 but they still climb to rotunda roof before they leave last waypoint.
3. Removed all custom pax waypoints and added  [jetway_rootfloor_heights] tag but still the same issue.
4. Removed custom pax waypoints and removed the whole tag but pax still come with same issue.

The ini file also automatically makes the title lowercase. I even renamed and recompiled the whole project with jetway name as it appears in the ini file.

Shouldn't the pax just move from last waypoint to the aircraft door? How hard could that be? ........ The pax seems to climb back to 4.6m height after decently coming to normal pax waypoint defined height.

NOTE: I have added jetway in the xml of the scenery which means it is part of the parking location. Should it be removed from there and manually placed for each parking location? could that be an issue?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 08:38:56 pm by mskhan1991 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 11:22:47 am »
Removed Custom Pax Waypoints and [jetway_rootfloor_heights] tag but still the passengers and crew come from last rotunda's roof.

I said to remove the custom Pax waypoints, not the custom heights as well. Please do just that.

NOTE: I have added jetway in the xml of the scenery which means it is part of the parking location. Should it be removed from there and manually placed for each parking location? could that be an issue?

Please clarify. Have you made this scenery yourself ?

mskhan1991

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 12:44:10 pm »
If you check solution number 3, I have already tried what you mentioned.

"3. Removed all custom pax waypoints and added  [jetway_rootfloor_heights] tag but still the same issue."

& Yes this is a scenery I have developed and added gates in scenery.XML (as part of the gates)

Could this be due to the jetways reference point? (image attached)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 01:25:07 pm »
Could this be due to the jetways reference point? (image attached

It's possible, if you notice you must correct the height in the .INI to the exact amount of the height of their reference point, that might be it.

We modeled all our jetways based on the SDK Sample, which has a root reference node at 0,0,0, which is what you usually want to model any kind of Simobject.

mskhan1991

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2022, 08:11:30 pm »
The issue was resolved when I re-installed GSX PRO update using FSDT Installer. It seems that I needed to update GSX as it was not reading the rootfloor height information being provided.