Author Topic: Help setting passenger walking paths  (Read 1084 times)

Ungeneer

Help setting passenger walking paths
« on: December 03, 2022, 05:26:52 am »
Hello,

I'm trying to set the passenger deboarding paths for MPTO with a marketplace scenery installed. This scenery has custom jetways and I'm trying to set the path for the passengers to follow the jetway into the terminal, otherwise they just walk off into the distance. I've set a waypoint and a terminal waypoint but my passengers still walk off into the distance. It seems like maybe my changes aren't saving? Or perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

https://i.imgur.com/dg0vnML.png

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 07:13:02 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help setting passenger walking paths
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 07:15:36 pm »
You are not supposed to use custom passenger waypoints for the animated part of the jetway. They never work, because the animated part is in different places depending on the airplane door height and the airplane position. The only thing you can use custom passenger waypoints for, is the static part behind the jetway, the bridge.

If the airport has been bought on the MS Marketplace, you must enable the SU10 Navdata API in the GSX Config panel, otherwise the airport data can't be read, meaning jetways cannot be associated to a parking spot, because GSX can't read the parking spots from encrypted airports, unless you enable the Navdata API.

Ungeneer

Re: Help setting passenger walking paths
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 08:42:40 am »
You are not supposed to use custom passenger waypoints for the animated part of the jetway. They never work, because the animated part is in different places depending on the airplane door height and the airplane position. The only thing you can use custom passenger waypoints for, is the static part behind the jetway, the bridge.

If the airport has been bought on the MS Marketplace, you must enable the SU10 Navdata API in the GSX Config panel, otherwise the airport data can't be read, meaning jetways cannot be associated to a parking spot, because GSX can't read the parking spots from encrypted airports, unless you enable the Navdata API.

Thanks for your reply, I only just now saw it. Indeed I had been using the SU10 Navdata API, otherwise GSX just told me services were unavailable. Anyways it seems it may have been an issue in that version of GSX, as now that I have the latest version, the passengers are deboarding through the jetway as expected.