Author Topic: Couatl64_MSFS.exe missing right after installed on windows 11  (Read 1906 times)

YH

Couatl64_MSFS.exe missing right after installed on windows 11
« on: December 02, 2022, 03:51:32 pm »
Hello everyone.
I'm using newest windows 11 and I've FSDT_Universal_Installer installed.
after it's done its installing, three Shortcut files shows up on my desktop.
and as you can see in attachments pictures. the one named as 'start Couatl for GSX MSFS' didn't show its icon as it should be. windows says Couatl64_MSFS.exe is missing.
I have checked folder 'Addon Manager\couatl64' and it contains only 'QlmLicenseLib.dll' and 'QlmLicenseLib.dll.manifest' 2 files in it.
I have no anti virus software installed except win11 Security center that comes with windows 11,
I've tried too add addon manager folder to whitelist and install FSDT_Universal_Installer with win11 Security center shut down, Couatl64_MSFS.exe is still missing.
so any advise?

https://www.virtualisoftware.com/update/FSDT_Universal_Installer.exe
this link is where I have FSDT_Universal_Installer downloaded from
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 03:53:21 pm by YH »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl64_MSFS.exe missing right after installed on windows 11
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 05:16:00 pm »
You installed the Universal Installer but, have you installed GSX Pro ?  If you don't, nothing from GSX will be installed, including the Couatl program, which only required and used by GSX.

pedrault

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 05:43:19 pm »

Hello

I have same problem since I upgraded to Windows 11

I installed GSX Pro and dont find Coulatl too. Howerver I have GSX item in MSFS menu.

I have also problem with Zurich and and Vancouver for MSFS. Both dont have buildings of airports only jetways.

Thanks for your help

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 04:57:52 pm »
I installed GSX Pro and dont find Coulatl too. Howerver I have GSX item in MSFS menu.

This seems to indicate an antivirus problem, that has removed the .EXE assuming it might be a threat.

- Configure the antivirus by adding the entire Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS

- Run the FSDT Updater again

I have also problem with Zurich and and Vancouver for MSFS. Both dont have buildings of airports only jetways.

None of the FSDT airports for MSFS use, requires or are affected by the lack of the Couatl program, which they don't need or use. If the scenery is reported installed, it will work.

There has been some reports of whole airports disappearing, due to having reached the maximum number of object in a scene, usually associated with using AI traffic product with too high settings, especially when using AI Traffic Injection.

pedrault

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 02:22:00 am »
Great!

I ran the FSDT Updater again and all is ok now.
Also I ran also MSFS as administrator

thanks for your fast  reply.

Arrivederci from CYUL 😁