Author Topic: Error Message You have an Old Version of KLAS  (Read 3401 times)

Snofts

Error Message You have an Old Version of KLAS
« on: March 05, 2010, 06:19:50 pm »
Hi guys, out of the blue I got this message at FS9 startup.
You have an older version of KLAS please go to website to update.
Flight simulator will quit when you enter in the Scenery area.  The crazy thing is I have not added anything since the last session so is this legite or not.
Thanks for the help and great sceneries, I will be buying ther Hawaii one soon.
Shayne

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error Message You have an Old Version of KLAS
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 10:00:31 pm »
The obvious question is: do you have KLAS installed ? If yes, then you might really have an old version, and you need to update it.

Snofts

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 06:01:56 am »
Yes I have it and I did upgrade it when I got it.  The other questions is I went and installed the latest addon manger and I am not sure wehere it even installs.  I tryed the link in the support forum but its no longer valid so I am not sure what to do.  I can still go to KLAS and it works fine but I stiull get the error message at start up twice each time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 11:26:02 pm »
I think you might have a mix-match between some old and new version. If you found a link for the Addon Manager in the forum, it was probably some temporary test version that was uploaded to help someone with issues.

But, the one and only official link for the always current version, it's always on each Product "Info" page, that contains the links for the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, both for FS9 and for FSX.

In any case, KLAS always had a self-updating installer so, it should be able to always get the current version of the Addon Manager, since the installer it's just the same, and takes the files always from the same URL. The only difference, the Stand-Alone installer doesn't have a scenery with it, so it's a smaller download.

Another possible issue might be that, instead of the Addon Manager being the problem, some of your KLAS files changed on your hard drive, for any reason, and this will be reported as being an old version too. This should be fixed by Uninstalling then Reinstalling the scenery.