Author Topic: No FSDreamteam Products are working at all  (Read 993 times)

nathaniel0519

No FSDreamteam Products are working at all
« on: November 28, 2022, 07:39:23 pm »
Hello,

I've been trying to get Umberto's attention however I have been unable to. I have NO FsDreamteam products functioning at all. The Addon Manager is not showing up in the addon tab in SIM. I have tried excluding the WHOLE addon folder from the Windows Security and turning off the anti-virus during installation. I have tried downloading and installing it over ten times with the same result. Is there any further action or is there any possibility that I am able to work with Umberto to solve this issue. I have been a FSDreamteam customer for a long time and now I am starting to get frustrated for the lack of service.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No FSDreamteam Products are working at all
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 12:31:51 pm »
- Turn off the firewall

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- Run the FSDT Live update again

- If that doesn't work, download and install the FSDT Universal installer, and use it to UPDATE GSX.

- If that doesn't work, restart Windows and try again an update

- If that doesn't work, be sure your Windows is fully updated, perform all the updates, restart Windows and try again.

nathaniel0519

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 01:40:15 am »
Umberto,

Thank you for your response. I did all the steps, and I was still unsuccesful. I reinstalled Windows and somehow it started to work again. Thank you anyways.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 09:39:47 am »
I reinstalled Windows and somehow it started to work again.

Well, sometimes the Windows libraries might end up to be so messed up, that only a Windows reinstall can fix them.

Most likely, the accumulation of many different version of the runtimes ( VC++ redistributables, most likely ) installed by many software, not strictly flightsim-related, each one installing his different version, and finally ending up in a conflict.