Author Topic: Jetways don't move  (Read 1933 times)

robimhood

Jetways don't move
« on: November 27, 2022, 03:11:41 pm »
Hello everybody,

I tried on differents cases :
- Default airport (with ICAO.bgl in the ENABLED column of the FSDT Installer)
- 3rd party airport (with jetways replacements ENABLED)
- 3rd party airport (with jetways replacements DISABLED)

On each case, the jetways are shown as they should be. But when I ask to 'operate jetway' from the gsx menu, I have the following message 'Jetway operating' and 2sec later, 'Jetway operation completed' whereas the jetway didn't move.
Any ideas ?

I put my couatl.log and .err in attachments if needed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways don't move
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 03:28:34 pm »
As explained so many times in the forum, GSX doesn't change ANYTHING in the way jetway operates, it only changes the way Jetways LOOKS, provided you are on a default airport with default Jetways that have been replaced by GSX.

I tried on differents cases :

- Default airport (with ICAO.bgl in the ENABLED column of the FSDT Installer)

- 3rd party airport (with jetways replacements ENABLED)

- 3rd party airport (with jetways replacements DISABLED)

Case #3 should have proved to you the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX. And case #2 should never be used, since you are always supposed to Disable GSX Jetway replacements for 3rd party airports.

GSX doesn't animate the jetway. It JUST sends a "JETWAY TOOGLE" command to the sim, exactly as if you were using the default ATC menu to operate the jetway. Whether the Jetway moves or not, or connects to, or connects partially or completely, is completely outside GSX control, and won't change a bit, regardless if you used the GSX menu or not, since in all cases, the jetway is always controlled by the simulator itself.

The only thing that matters, is the parked positions and the airplane door configuration.

Which means, one thing you CAN do from GSX to improve things, is CUSTOMIZE the Parking STOP position, and find one that will result in the Jetway working. That's why the Parking Customization Editor has a TEST function ( NumPad5 while editing the Parking itself ), which you can use to tune your custom STOP position to fine one that works.

robimhood

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 04:53:11 pm »
So, I launched MSFS (for ex: LFML from FranceVFR via ORBX, not the Marketplace and I have disabled jetways replacements). When I am at any gate with a jetway, I go to 'custom this parking position' and when I am on the test mode, Numpad 5 doesn't work (doesn't appear in the list of the editor keys as mentionned on the manual p40). Moreover, I tried differents values of parking radius,  change the type of the gate (small->medium->heavy), move the stop position but nothing append about the jetway who seems 'static'.

PS: Ididn't check 'Use SU10 Navdata API' in the config's panel. May I check it ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 05:39:10 pm »
Numpad 5 doesn't work (doesn't appear in the list of the editor keys as mentionned on the manual p40).

The Test function works ONLY when you are editing the Parking itself, and it's supposed to dock the jetway and make a sound, if the jetway works. It won't do anything if it doesn't.

It didn't make it in the manual, because it was in fact a feature borrowed from GSX L2, where you could in fact edit Jetways. You can't here, but you can at least Test them.

Moreover, I tried differents values of parking radius,  change the type of the gate (small->medium->heavy), move the stop position but nothing append about the jetway who seems 'static'.

Nothing is supposed to happen to the jetway itself, you can't edit the jetway, you edit the STOP position in relationship to it, until you find a position that works.

Note that, it might not be possible to find one, perhaps the Jetway was meant for an airplane of a different size ( door height ) but again, it's nothing that has anything to do with GSX, it would be exactly the same with no GSX, if that jetway couldn't work with that airplane on that position, it won't work regardless how you call it.