Author Topic: No underground refuel  (Read 1734 times)

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
No underground refuel
« on: November 26, 2022, 11:21:18 pm »
I am at LSZH (FSDT). Select refuel, I get a tanker that arrives and does nothing.
Voice asks to select fuel from aircraft menu.
I select full from CDU.

I have selected underground refueling in menu.

It doesnt work.
I am using PMDG 737-700.
is this a beta project?

Any help here?

"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

Turok144

Re: No underground refuel
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 11:43:10 pm »
The boring fuel truck works that way for the PMDG aircraft unfortunately.  It's been stated in the past that FSDT is working on a new fuel truck that will look real awesome and it will work for the PMDG aircrafts.  Sooo, take a number, hurry up and wait some more. ;)

In the meantime try other MSFS 2020 aircraft and you can watch some very kool underground refueling. 

C130

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 11:38:45 pm »
Thank you.

I wish Virtuali could prioritise this...At present the PMDG sim lacks support!

They have their own vehicles but lets dispose of them for GSX, superior!

Please? Lets have full Simbrief and ground refuelling.

Tyhe Inbuilt 310 has it?

Thanx.
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 11:19:18 am »
I wish Virtuali could prioritise this...At present the PMDG sim lacks support!

No, it doesn't. It's completely usable and has exactly the same support it always had in FSX/P3D. The new fuel truck will just have a nicer crew animation, but it won't change in any way the refueling *functionality*.

BTW, the refueling works, you just need to be sure you select a fuel quantity LARGER than the one you had on board when you called the GSX truck, otherwise refueling won't start.

They have their own vehicles but lets dispose of them for GSX, superior!

Not sure what you mean here. It's a compliment or a critique ?  We handled removal of PMDG ground services in the most graceful and safe way: by operating the PMDG FMC, so it's the *airplane* that is really getting rid of its own vehicles, in the end.

Please? Lets have full Simbrief and ground refuelling.

From this sentence, it seemed you expected in some way GSX would add functions not available in the PMDG, like SimBrief support.

Even with the new Fuel Truck for low-wing airplanes, nothing will change other than having a nicer to look at animation, but the *actual* refueling would STILL be handled by the PMDG itself, GSX would only have more animations to show for it, but it won't "refuel" the airplane, as it never did in years.

The Inbuilt 310 has it?

Good airplane...I hear PMDG will have an EFB soon as well.

C130

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 11:20:34 pm »
Thanks Umberto.

Naturally I bought your product as soon as I could. MSFS is pretty bland without it! Bravo!

Now I still cant get the undergroung fuel truck to do its job. I only get the tanker, which arrives and departs after mowing down all the vehicles at the gate?
There is absolutely no refuelling of my PMDG 737-700 at Gate 6 padderborne by Aerosoft! No matter what I do there is no refuelling!

Seemingly, GSX asks for the fuel quantity to be selected from the FMS, but no matter what I input, I stil dont get any refuelling. Neither Tanker nor underground ??

GSX must think my aircraft is full when I want a top up to 100%?

I must be doing something wrong..I cant get the underground re fuel to work.

Your team needs to look into this, or I dont know how to work GSX after many years of use!

Gate 6 Heavy at EDLP Aerosoft.

Thanks

EDIT I dont think GSX does a underground refuel for the PMDG 737??? Am I right? Ive tried it at several airports...No underground refuel?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 11:29:52 pm by C130 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2022, 06:29:27 pm »
EDIT I dont think GSX does a underground refuel for the PMDG 737??? Am I right? Ive tried it at several airports...No underground refuel?

Of course it doesn't.

As clearly explained in the manual, airplanes with a refueling point lower than 3.40 meters from ground will never use the Hydrant, because the currently available model has a platform with 3.40 meters as the minimum height.

And as discussed so many times on the forum, and also explained in the Sticky thread about the future Roadmap:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27778.msg181917.html#msg181917

New vehicles with new animations are coming.

Seemingly, GSX asks for the fuel quantity to be selected from the FMS, but no matter what I input, I stil dont get any refuelling. Neither Tanker nor underground ?

We posted a tutorial a while ago, showing how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQMDUjs4jMk

But again, try to understand GSX IS NOT REFUELING THE AIRPLANE!! Not the PMDG or any other plane flagged as having a Custom Fuel system. GSX will only adapt its own animations to simulate refueling, but it will be always the airplane that will change its own fuel quantity.

C130

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2022, 10:29:02 pm »
Nonsence!

A fuel quantity is a fuel load!

GSx just cat see Simconnect!
poore excuse!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2022, 03:55:27 pm »
Nonsence!

A fuel quantity is a fuel load!

poore excuse!

I don't know what you are trying to say here, and if you made a bit of an effort to write a more clear reply, I could have tried to explain it better, even if I really don't know how much clearer than my previous post I could be.

What this sentence even MEAN ? Are you failing to understand the very simple concept that:

- SOME airplanes have a CUSTOM fuel simulation that GSX CANNOT AFFECT

- THESE airplanes, assuming they are correctly configured ( and we surely have in the default configs that comes with GSX, like the Fenix or the PMDG ), ARE NOT BEING REFUELED BY GSX!.

Try to assimilate that concept, and it might become clearer for you.