Author Topic: Crew boarding  (Read 3140 times)

rob0203

Crew boarding
« on: November 25, 2022, 09:09:39 am »
Great that we now have a option to chosse but....

It would be great to be able to turn the crew part off completely in the menu.
Like a lot of us have requested for long time.

Gr.

Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Crew boarding
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 03:24:04 pm »
Do you mean you want an option to always assume Crew doesn't exists ? No, that's the first time somebody asks for it.

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 08:05:19 pm »
yeah to make a default choice would be much appreciated - I don't think there is anybody who sometimes uses it and sometimes not. I think most of us either want it always disabled or always enabled.

alpha117

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 11:45:42 pm »
Great that we now have a option to chosse but....

Gr.

Robert

I cannot find this option for selecting crew, can you tell me where the option is?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2022, 03:40:10 pm »
I cannot find this option for selecting crew, can you tell me where the option is?

It's not a setting, it's an extra menu that comes out before Boarding or Deboarding, asking if you want to Board/Deboard Crew, Pilots, Both or Nobody.

alpha117

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2022, 04:03:51 pm »

It's not a setting, it's an extra menu that comes out before Boarding or Deboarding, asking if you want to Board/Deboard Crew, Pilots, Both or Nobody.

Thanks....I was not seeing this extra menu BUT and it seems very random and hard to reproduce, but when it does make an apperance it does work, BUT needs some 'tweaking' when there is walking and no buses.
1. The pilots have no caps and no briefcases..even when comng off crew bus.
2. They do not walk together, they are to far apart
3. The crew, again do not walk together and walk in single file, again to far apart
4. The pilots and crew if both selected should start very quickly after each other and not wait until one has boarded before the other starts

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2022, 04:13:58 pm »
Thanks....I was not seeing this extra menu BUT and it seems very random and hard to reproduce, but when it does make an apperance it does work

There's nothing "random" or magic about it, there's an obvious logic behind, and is:

- If you are starting a flight a choose Boarding, you should always see the menu.

- If you decide not to board anybody, after you complete a flight and land, you won't be asked to Deboard some Crew you never Boarded to begin with.

This, because the very sense of the initial question during BOARDING ( and why it wasn't available before, since I *knew* it would confuse users ), is that is not immediately obvious if the reason for not boarding anybody was JUST to save some time on departure, or to tell "the Crew is already on board"

- Provided you DID Board the Crew on departure, you WILL see a request to Deboard the Crew, because GSX has set a variable to indicate there's a Crew onboard when it they boarded the plane.

Now, there's an additional extra issue. If you RESTART a Flight or Restart Couatl, all variables will be Reset, that's how the simulator works. Which means, GSX will "forget" about what you did on Departure, and should always ask if you want to Deboard the Crew on arrival.

alpha117

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2022, 06:18:09 pm »
Another example

1. Start SIm
2. Load at gate

GSX auto starts deboarding with GSX menu like:

I've done or pressed nothing.

1. Why does this happen?
2. Why PAX under the aircraft?

Restart Couatl

requested Boarding, got no crew options menu

« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 06:26:05 pm by alpha117 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 10:00:54 am »
Another example

1. Start SIm
2. Load at gate

GSX auto starts deboarding with GSX menu like:

Are you aware that the Leonardo Mad Dog has GSX integration in the latest update ? I have no idea how it works, but last I've heard from them, is they said everything worked normally.

So, first thing to check is with another airplane.

Also, does it make any difference ( it doesn't here, but I always ask ), if you CLOSE the GSX toolbar icon BEFORE going back to the main menu ?

2. Why PAX under the aircraft?

That looks like the airplane profile is wrong. I see passengers in the right place, using only the default configuration that comes in the GSX internal database.

alpha117

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2022, 10:01:23 am »
I've tested at various payware and default airports and i never get  the crew boarding menu option.

Is there any files/checks I can do this end to make all is correct

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2022, 10:03:39 am »
I've tested at various payware and default airports and i never get  the crew boarding menu option.

And again, if the airplane has GSX integration, it will the airplane that will control whether GSX will ask you about crew/pilots or not.

alpha117

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2022, 10:27:06 am »
Thanks.

rob0203

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2022, 09:31:20 pm »
yeah to make a default choice would be much appreciated - I don't think there is anybody who sometimes uses it and sometimes not. I think most of us either want it always disabled or always enabled.

It is just that it breaks a little bit the immersion because when we are in the plane we are already the crew. I just want to order services as pilot, not board or deboard myself. If I start my sim I am already in the cockpit. If you read other topics about this, there are more people who said this. Would be great to have a little checkbox.

I really love the software though, great work already user from every version!

Gr.

Robert

kakugo

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2022, 12:19:15 am »
Would it be possible instead to board separately pilots, crew and passengers? For example, with the Fenix, if I select pilots, it won't board the crew but it will board the passengers automatically after the pilots. It would be more realistic, for example, to board the pilots, call the catering, board the crew, refuel and finally board the passengers and the cargo.

avantime

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2022, 10:19:43 am »
Would it be possible instead to board separately pilots, crew and passengers? For example, with the Fenix, if I select pilots, it won't board the crew but it will board the passengers automatically after the pilots. It would be more realistic, for example, to board the pilots, call the catering, board the crew, refuel and finally board the passengers and the cargo.

+1.

I don't like boarding pilots & crew (I just didn't bother to speak out about it) because when MSFS starts the flight I'm spawned straight into the cockpit, so it's natural to assume that the pilots (me) & cabin crew don't need to board later on, especially if I need to trigger refuelling before boarding (refuelling after boarding seem to cause issues, AFAIK the correct way for the Fenix is to refuel first). It just feels odd that I'm doing all the preflight busywork while the aircraft is refuelled, and then when I trigger boarding I see the pilots appear. Either have what kakugo suggested or have "boarding pilots and crew" before refuelling (with no weight changes, as in they're weightless) so I can do it first thing when I initially spawn.

Of course I would also like to see refuelling and boarding pax happening at the same time (with the fuel truck on the port side so as to not interfere with the cargo loaders) but that's another request.