Author Topic: Installing GSX Pro in demo mode?  (Read 1400 times)

lmhariano

Installing GSX Pro in demo mode?
« on: November 25, 2022, 02:58:26 am »
Good evening. I'm trying to install GSX Pro in demo mode, to check its FPS impact in my system (I wan't to be sure my computer can handle it, before purchasing).

I have already GSX Level 1 and 2 for P3D, but I can't make GSX Pro get installed from the Universal Installer, so that I can use it in either LIMC, EDDM or KSFO. How can I try GSX Pro, in the same way I did for P3D?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 03:02:54 am by lmhariano »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installing GSX Pro in demo mode?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 03:41:58 pm »
The only way to install GSX in Trial version, is to have a license of at least ONE FSDT airport for MSFS.

lmhariano

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 04:36:33 pm »
Oh, that's bad  :(

I guess the answer is no, but I prefer to ask: do you have a trial period or something like that?

If all this fails, how is performance in MSFS, when compared with the P3D v5 version? As of now, I'm getting in MSFS the same FPS I get with P3Dv5+GSX L2.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 04:39:02 pm »
GSX objects for MSFS are way more detailed, but they are also way more optimized, and the MSFS engine is very capable, so it's likely you'll have the same fps.

pete_auau

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2022, 12:52:26 am »
Oh, that's bad  :(

I guess the answer is no, but I prefer to ask: do you have a trial period or something like that?

If all this fails, how is performance in MSFS, when compared with the P3D v5 version? As of now, I'm getting in MSFS the same FPS I get with P3Dv5+GSX L2.

for starters  you havnt  listed  your  pc  specs  so  cant  tell,  if  you  can  run msfs  on  your  pc  with out  any   issues  etc than  you will  find  hardly  any  inpact  using  gsx

lmhariano

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2022, 03:26:20 pm »
Nevermind, I purchased it last night. I found a couple of quirks, but, regarding FPS, I noticed no change at all during a LIMC-LEMD flight (both default); not even the two stutters I get in P3D at outer marker and after selecting gate.

This is in this computer:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X @ 4.2 GHz
RAM: 2x8 GB DDR4-3200 RAM
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 Ti 8GB
Storage: 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage)
Display: Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz
FPS limited to 32 in RTSS, front edge sync.

I hope someone else has found these quirks, so that I don't have to create a new thread.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2022, 03:46:34 pm »
I hope someone else has found these quirks, so that I don't have to create a new thread.

Users would have an hard time replying, without knowing what these "quirks" are.