Author Topic: Spinning Menu after landing  (Read 2896 times)

b742f

Re: Spinning Menu after landing
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2022, 05:59:53 am »
I have a new airport error also not an airport I landed or departed but in the Middle East region.

Which error ?

Updated Dec 13th version of GSX and same issue after landing anywhere the spinning menu happens I start couatl again through the start menu short cut and it works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2022, 03:07:19 pm »
Updated Dec 13th version of GSX and same issue after landing anywhere the spinning menu happens I start couatl again through the start menu short cut and it works.

Are you using the SU10 Navdata ? If yes, have you noticed if it still happens if you disable it ?

In any case, we had another update today which fixed a bug with airports that had their name of exactly 32 characters ( the maximum supported by the Navdata ) when they were loaded with Navdata. It's POSSIBLE encountering any of these during flight might have cause that crash so, try the new update and see if there's an improvement.

Copper

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2022, 07:27:08 pm »
For me this happens on every single flight (SU10 nav data API is active), so I highly doubt that it's because of specific airport's names.
It happened all over europe on flights with the following destinations:
LIRF from MK Studios
EFRO from MK Studios
LOWW from Gaya
EDDM default scenery
VQPR default scenery
EDDB from Aerosoft

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2022, 10:49:24 pm »
For me this happens on every single flight (SU10 nav data API is active), so I highly doubt that it's because of specific airport's names.

I never said I was sure it would fix it but, we surely had a problem with those specific airports so, we fixed it, both because they weren't editable ( their name appeared corrupted ) and it could have been causing issues like that, since you never know what might happen when there's a stray string in memory, since all our Simconnect interaction is in C++, so issues like these needs to be fixed.

But we are fixing thing in the blind, because we haven't been able to reproduce it, so we can only make guesses.

As explained in other posts, we are trying to gather evidence, and the evidence so far SEEMS to say it's more LIKELY ( which doesn't mean it will *never* happen otherwise ) to happen when the usage of the SU10 Navdata is involved, because while the rest of Simconnect is tried and tested for the last 15 years (and yet there are still bugs in MSFS that never existed in FSX), this is the first time new functions has been added by Microsoft to it, after FSX SP2, so we are really testing something for the first time.

Copper

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2022, 12:25:14 pm »
Here's by the way my distance after departure when Couatl disappears (see screenshot).
Couatl.err does not contain any recent information, it's last update based on file timestamp was far before I took off.

I just noticed now that couatl.log is not written by default, so I have no .log available. Will check on the next flight.

EDIT: Started Couatl manually after that happened - Now Couatl remained running until arrival with no issues.
Something happens upon departure that lets it quit and it's not something that happens in cruise but at a certain distance from departure airport.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 01:35:26 pm by Cipher »

b742f

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2022, 04:54:07 am »

Are you using the SU10 Navdata ? If yes, have you noticed if it still happens if you disable it ?

In any case, we had another update today which fixed a bug with airports that had their name of exactly 32 characters ( the maximum supported by the Navdata ) when they were loaded with Navdata. It's POSSIBLE encountering any of these during flight might have cause that crash so, try the new update and see if there's an improvement.

I did not uncheck SU10 navdata yet. But it still happens with latest update. Start flight, works great, depart, land, try to bring up gsx menu, and it spins, system tray icon disappears. Open shortcut from start menu, gsx works. Many flights one LEMD-EGLL this was the end of the log when GSX disappeared on landing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2022, 09:11:57 am »
I did not uncheck SU10 navdata yet. But it still happens with latest update. Start flight, works great, depart, land, try to bring up gsx menu, and it spins, system tray icon disappears. Open shortcut from start menu, gsx works. Many flights one LEMD-EGLL this was the end of the log when GSX disappeared on landing.

All the evidence we are gathering, seems to indicate there's nothing wrong with GSX, it just stops while it was receiving the nearby airports list from the Navdata. Which is why, I asked to try with the SU10 Navdata option Disabled, to understand if the crash is possibly caused by erroneous data being received from the sim.

Also, it might have been best if yYou didn't cut the log and posted a screenshot of what you think it's useful. I need to see the *actual* log, because it contains things we log precisely because we might need them in troubleshooting, which means ZIPPING and ATTACHING the actual log to a post.

Some indication of the route you took would be useful as well. And if you are using extra/3rd party Navdata as well.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 09:13:58 am by virtuali »

b742f

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2022, 04:45:04 am »

All the evidence we are gathering, seems to indicate there's nothing wrong with GSX, it just stops while it was receiving the nearby airports list from the Navdata. Which is why, I asked to try with the SU10 Navdata option Disabled, to understand if the crash is possibly caused by erroneous data being received from the sim.

Also, it might have been best if yYou didn't cut the log and posted a screenshot of what you think it's useful. I need to see the *actual* log, because it contains things we log precisely because we might need them in troubleshooting, which means ZIPPING and ATTACHING the actual log to a post.

Some indication of the route you took would be useful as well. And if you are using extra/3rd party Navdata as well.

I did 2 flights with SU10 navdata option disabled and it worked without having to restart the couatl service. I did not include details before because it was every flight I did at different areas of the world. Now I did what you said and it is the SU10 navdata option that was my issue. I turned it back on now because with it disabled I am not seeing VDGS at Asobo airports when I have used a gsx config. I updated to a new GSX version and will try again, and post full details next time it does not work. Thanks for the help.

ACSoft

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2022, 10:59:21 am »
Uberto, I also have systematically this problem with several airports. I also verified that with SU10 Navdata disabled, it solved the problem, but I have re-enabled it after my tests, because I need it for addon I bought on Marketplace.

For now, I have added a "start couatl" icon in my taskbar on the bottom, so I can easily launch the engine just before the landing, when I do not forget to do it ! Otherwise, I am punished with the spinning Menu and must do it after landing !  :D

My question is: can we hope you will found a solution ?

For your information, like you, I suspect it is the airport data loading which should crash couatl engine. But what is interesting is that, when you reload couatl manually, after landing, the engine didn't crash again, but, for sure, the airport data should be corrupted or incorrect, because it do not fit with the reality. I have had several time gate position, mentioned as available by Couatl choose menu, which were, in fact, occupied by an AI aircraft (and I am sure it was not because this aircraft took the place in the meantime I went there, moreover I have all traffics disabled). Hope it might help to understand the problem. Cheers !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2022, 12:47:56 pm »
For now, I have added a "start couatl" icon in my taskbar on the bottom, so I can easily launch the engine just before the landing, when I do not forget to do it !

The FSDT installer placed an icon named "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" on your Desktop precisely for that reason.

For your information, like you, I suspect it is the airport data loading which should crash couatl engine. But what is interesting is that, when you reload couatl manually, after landing, the engine didn't crash again, but, for sure, the airport data should be corrupted or incorrect, because it do not fit with the reality.

I don't think the problem is bad data about the arrival airport. The crash might have happened in flight, due to other bad data it got while in flight.

We haven't been able to reproduce that crash in flight, it would be helpful if you added some details about your configuration like:

- the airplane you are using

- if you enabled the SU10 Navdata API option in GSX

- all the other add-ons you are using, especially those that will use Simconnect to connect to the sim, like AI traffic injection, FSUIPC, etc.

- the route for that flight.

- if you are using alternative Navdata scenery, like Navigraph

b742f

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2022, 08:22:36 pm »
For now, I have added a "start couatl" icon in my taskbar on the bottom, so I can easily launch the engine just before the landing, when I do not forget to do it !

The FSDT installer placed an icon named "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" on your Desktop precisely for that reason.

For your information, like you, I suspect it is the airport data loading which should crash couatl engine. But what is interesting is that, when you reload couatl manually, after landing, the engine didn't crash again, but, for sure, the airport data should be corrupted or incorrect, because it do not fit with the reality.

I don't think the problem is bad data about the arrival airport. The crash might have happened in flight, due to other bad data it got while in flight.

We haven't been able to reproduce that crash in flight, it would be helpful if you added some details about your configuration like:

- the airplane you are using

- if you enabled the SU10 Navdata API option in GSX

- all the other add-ons you are using, especially those that will use Simconnect to connect to the sim, like AI traffic injection, FSUIPC, etc.

- the route for that flight.

- if you are using alternative Navdata scenery, like Navigraph

PMDG 737-700 and -800
SU10 navdata option enabled
FSRealistic Pro but it did this before I installed it I think. No FSUIPC or AI traffic
Yes to Navigraph navdata