Author Topic: Spinning Menu after landing  (Read 2897 times)

Deltatristar500

Spinning Menu after landing
« on: November 22, 2022, 07:21:08 pm »
Hi, I cant get my GSX to come up for gate information once I land at any airport. Is there something I need to do on my part? I have the most recent update from the manual link here in the forums, then update GSX from the app afterwards.
Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550
Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D
Asus Geforce 4080 RTX OC Edition
64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz
EVGA 850W Power Supply
1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4
Viewsonic vx2757
Windows 10

sidfadc

Re: Spinning Menu after landing
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 09:33:14 pm »
Have you enabled the SU10 Nav API option?  The spinning circle (in my experience) is when the airport cache is loading (it could take a while which isn't ideal when you just vacated) OR coualt has crashed and you need to restart.  The Nav API does away with caching altogether and personally I have had much better experience with it enabled.

Deltatristar500

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 09:41:49 pm »
How long do I have to wait? I do have it enabled
Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550
Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D
Asus Geforce 4080 RTX OC Edition
64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz
EVGA 850W Power Supply
1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4
Viewsonic vx2757
Windows 10

sidfadc

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 10:18:04 pm »
If you have Nav API it should be pretty instant, have you checked coualt is running or if it is, restart it then hit GSX from the toolbar in the sim.

Phil7789

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 11:52:16 pm »
Hi, I cant get my GSX to come up for gate information once I land at any airport. Is there something I need to do on my part? I have the most recent update from the manual link here in the forums, then update GSX from the app afterwards.

What you could check is if Couatl is still running.. :D This happens for me too almost all the time. When I then hover with my mouse over Couatl in my tray (taskbar next to the clock) the Couatl symbol just vanishes. I then have to start Couatl manually again. Happens since one of the last updates I guess but I alway forget to check the log.

What might have helped (I have to re-test it to validate) is to close GSX (via the ingame menu, so that the icon is not highlighted) after departure or pushback and then to just start it during approach (once you're below 10.000 ft, before it won't open as you're too high). After that Couatl kept working, but I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence.

layercom

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 02:42:58 am »
I have this issue also everytime, i have su10 nav enabled, wondering if i should revert back but su10 nav is much faster  lets hope its gets fix in future updates. But at this stage we never get new features due to all su10 and su11 bugs that are introduced.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 11:08:30 am »
There IS a reason why we haven't jumped on using SU10 Navdata by default, and it's because:

- Is still not complete for what we need, let's hope today's SDK Q&A session will answer our question about the missing features, which was the most voted one:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sdk-q-a-ask-your-questions-here/552074/11?u=umberto67

- It MIGHT have issues, I think we were the first developer to have added full support for it, so there might be unknown or undocumented side effects we are still working to understand.

layercom

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2022, 04:22:10 pm »
You recommend us to switch back to non su10 nav for the time being?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2022, 04:47:41 pm »

Well, if you never had issues with the airport cache before, and you are not using Marketplace airports, it might work better.

b742f

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2022, 06:03:56 pm »

Well, if you never had issues with the airport cache before, and you are not using Marketplace airports, it might work better.

My log shows the airport it has a problem with. Tonight the last entries are ORUQ

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2022, 06:20:56 pm »
My log shows the airport it has a problem with. Tonight the last entries are ORUQ

Please clarify if that's the airport you departed from, the airport you are arriving to, or just an airport you passed by during the flight.

Copper

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2022, 09:01:14 pm »

Please clarify if that's the airport you departed from, the airport you are arriving to, or just an airport you passed by during the flight.
All recent reports of this issue I've seen were about the endless spinning at the arrival airport.
Usually it helps restarting Couatl, so I doubt that it's the SDK at fault.

I usually preselect the gate prior landing and for me with SU10 Navdata API I usually press "Request Deboarding" and it stays in the state "Deboarding requested" indefinitely. Restarting Couatl fixes this issue, I can request deboarding with nothing changed apart from the Couatl restart.

On the Discord there's a very long thread, you might want to read it there:
https://discord.com/channels/1011680327346966590/1035644377302847488

b742f

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2022, 04:34:26 am »

I did not visit the airport, it is in the region I was flying to. I have a new airport error also not an airport I landed or departed but in the Middle East region.

After landing and I get spinning menu when I want to select my arrival stand, starting the app in the start menu, the GSX works Ok after the restart.

I do not have sceneries for any of these airports. I am using the MSFS Beta.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 04:42:12 am by b742f »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2022, 04:40:33 pm »
I have a new airport error also not an airport I landed or departed but in the Middle East region.

Which error ?

b742f

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2022, 09:01:51 pm »
I have a new airport error also not an airport I landed or departed but in the Middle East region.

Which error ?

The spinning menu error. That was the end of the log before I started the couatl service