Author Topic: Rogue airport?  (Read 774 times)

brian747

Rogue airport?
« on: November 17, 2022, 12:42:31 pm »
GSX is working for me — but not if I try to use it at the "Nottingham East Midlands Airport - EGNX" v2.4 as downloaded from https://flightsim.to/file/10313/nottingham-east-midlands-airport-egnx

The symptoms are that when I spawn on the ramp at EGNX there's a twanging noise, and subsequently the GSX menu totally refuses to load (OK, it appears for a fraction of a second and then disappears again). I haven't yet found any other airport where this is the case, so I'm assuming it must be something native to this version of EGNX that GSX doesn't like.

Does anyone know of a work-around? Is there, perhaps,  an airport customization file for that version of the airport?

(In case these are relevant) —
  • I have enabled the SU10 Navdata option in the GSX Config panel in the installer.
  • MSFS is fully up to date (40th Anniversary Edition).
  • Also, I last updated GSX yesterday, November 16th, but EGNX still refuses to cooperate.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 01:26:35 pm by brian747 »
Intel i7 11700KF | NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti | 32Gb 3200MHz RAM | 2½ Tb Samsung SSDs | 14Tb HDDs | Acer 34" 3440x1440 G-Sync | Elgato Stream Deck XL | VRinsight EFIS/MCP/COM Boeing v2 | Thrustmaster Warthog stick+throttles | Precision Simulator X 747-400 professional simulator | MSFS 2020 scenery generator

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Rogue airport?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 02:13:07 pm »
You haven't said which airplane you are using but, the only thing of notice on that airport ( which I don't think it's related to the add-on you downloaded, since it doesn't seem to add/change any parking spots ), is that all parking spots seems to be a bit small, at least they are all too small for an A320-class airplane.

This can be fixed in two different ways:

- By customizing the airport (go to a runway, so you can open the menu there even if no parking spots are available) select all gates and click the small airplane icon, to adapt all selected positions to the wingspan of the airplane you are flying

- By enabling the "Ignore wingspan when parking" option in the GSX Settings, which will result in GSX always allowing to use any parking, without checking its size, globally.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 04:06:54 pm by virtuali »

brian747

Re: Rogue airport?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2022, 04:04:44 pm »
Hello, and thank you for your swift response! 

And it was idiotic of me not to have mentioned the aircraft, especially since that might be significant — it's an old POSKY 744, modified for use within MSFS (a _CVT_ directory gets created in Community, but the aircraft works perfectly well, and I've been using it in MSFS for 18 months without problems). Nonetheless, I should definitely have mentioned it — my apologies.

But I entirely agree about the size of the parking slots at that airport: I had already clicked the icon to adapt the spaces. May I add that I'm really enjoying the latest incarnation of GSX: I very much appreciate the thoughtful touches like that one, as well as the way in which any AI occupying a desired slot is automatically deleted, a brilliant addition. Thank you for your hard work.
Intel i7 11700KF | NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti | 32Gb 3200MHz RAM | 2½ Tb Samsung SSDs | 14Tb HDDs | Acer 34" 3440x1440 G-Sync | Elgato Stream Deck XL | VRinsight EFIS/MCP/COM Boeing v2 | Thrustmaster Warthog stick+throttles | Precision Simulator X 747-400 professional simulator | MSFS 2020 scenery generator