Author Topic: Nose wheel spinning at pushback end (Fenix)  (Read 3097 times)

jgoggi

Re: Nose wheel spinning at pushback end (Fenix)
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2022, 12:40:30 pm »
Wait! Maybe FSRealistic "wind ambience" feature is the culprit... Going to test later in the afternoon...
James Goggi

Leontgiscombe

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2022, 12:54:42 am »
If you go into the MCDU, click maintenance > failures - you should then see something quoting high brake temperature error, hit clr on the MCDU then the lsk where it quotes brake failure. It will reset the error

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2022, 04:55:33 pm »
That's interesting. I don't know if the simulator itself was capable to simulate such thing, or it's something Fenix added. If it's part of a custom simulation, then perhaps they might be able to fix it in the same way as they prevented the brakes overheat warning.

jgoggi

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2022, 11:53:31 am »
I did further tests, this issue is related to the "Wind ambience" feature in FSRealistic, a feature that simulates a light shaking of the airplane on ground, even with engines off, in windy days.
If I disable that feature, the issue of the rotating nose wheel during GSX pushback is gone.
I don't know why this happens, I hope FSR will fix it, because it's a kinda realistic little effect.
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2022, 02:23:47 pm »
I don't know why this happens, I hope FSR will fix it, because it's a kinda realistic little effect.

I guess they might need to use the same kind of coding Fenix used to disable their own custom systems simulation when GSX is pushing, to disable those dynamics effects too.