Author Topic: exe.xml is corrupted  (Read 3158 times)

Michael Moe

exe.xml is corrupted
« on: November 12, 2022, 11:30:42 pm »
Hi, i just reinstalled MSFS intirely and also reinstalled GSX PRO.

i get this error . What can i do ? its properly not a GSX fault

Thanks Michael Moe

https://ibb.co/44CWvCm
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 11:33:09 pm by Michael Moe »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: exe.xml is corrupted
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 12:08:07 pm »
Yes, you file is as corrupted as it could be...since it contained multiple FSUIPC sections all enclosed with the <SimBase.Document> tag, making it an XML illegal file for sure. Here's a fixed version.

Michael Moe

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 06:23:28 pm »
Thank you for your support
Michael Moe

Michael Moe

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 06:27:46 pm »
Hi again ,
What about Coualt64?
Is this possible via the exe.xml?
Do you know what the new consol section meens?
Thanks
Michael Moe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 06:32:06 pm »
I fixed ( I think ) your existing EXE.XML which was corrupted and prevented the GSX installer to add its section. To do it again without reinstall, from the FSDT Installer:

- Choose Uninstall, but reply NO to the next question, so it will UNLINK GSX Pro

- When "Relink" appears, click on it, so it will recreate the Community links AND will try to configure the EXE.XML again, adding the Couatl sections to it.

Dreamflight767

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2022, 07:01:51 am »
I fixed ( I think ) your existing EXE.XML which was corrupted and prevented the GSX installer to add its section. To do it again without reinstall, from the FSDT Installer:

- Choose Uninstall, but reply NO to the next question, so it will UNLINK GSX Pro

- When "Relink" appears, click on it, so it will recreate the Community links AND will try to configure the EXE.XML again, adding the Couatl sections to it.

Hi:

I'm running into this issue too.  I tried to use your copy of the EXE XML and run as you suggested.  But when I run the "relink" I still get an error that says my EXE is corrupt and no changes will be made.

Here is my copy.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2022, 03:40:00 pm »
I'm running into this issue too.  I tried to use your copy of the EXE XML and run as you suggested.  But when I run the "relink" I still get an error that says my EXE is corrupt and no changes will be made.

Your EXE.XML is corrupted in a different way, it ends like this:

</SimBase.Docum

Instead as it should ( and how my copy was )

</SimBase.Document>

Dreamflight767

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2022, 11:02:09 pm »
OK.  I'll fix it.  Thanks!

Dreamflight767

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2022, 05:16:41 am »

Your EXE.XML is corrupted in a different way, it ends like this:

</SimBase.Docum

Instead as it should ( and how my copy was )

</SimBase.Document>

Sorry to bother you but I'm getting the same error message even after the fix.  Would you mind having one more look for me please?
Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2022, 04:06:33 pm »
Sorry to bother you but I'm getting the same error message even after the fix.  Would you mind having one more look for me please?

Now you have a different problem. In the first EXE.XML you posted, I haven't noticed that, in addition to having the last line truncated, you were also missing the </Launch.Addon> closing Tag for the Fenix section.

However, in the last EXE.XML you posted, it's even worse, because you are now missing the </Launch.Addon> for FSUIPC7 ( which you had before ). Try to be more careful when doing edits, here's a fixed version but please, don't use the FSDT forum as a general "XML cleanup service", because it this becomes an habit, nobody will get any support, since I'll spend all my time fixing corrupted XMLs.

There's a EASY way to verify if you EXE.XML is legal, and is to open it with Internet Explorer. If there are any syntax errors, it will say that.

Dreamflight767

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2022, 05:49:44 pm »
Thanks.  I got it working after copying an EXE from a different user.  It's interesting how this got corrupt as I have never touched it before.  I just completed a new computer build last week so I did a fresh install w/ SU11.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 10:07:24 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2022, 10:09:36 am »
Thanks.  I got it working after copying an EXE from a different user.  It's interesting how this got corrupt as I have never touched it before.  I just completed a new computer build last week so I did a fresh install w/ SU11.

The most common case is a problem caused by a 3rd party installer that has some bug. This was a known problem in FSX, which was solved in P3D ( each add-on has its own add-on.xml ), but now is back with MSFS.

That's why, our installer will FIRST check the XML file to be absolutely correct before doing any changes to it, because operating on an already corrupted XML would make even more damages to it.