Author Topic: Highloader 737 pax  (Read 1011 times)

airlinetycoon

Highloader 737 pax
« on: October 31, 2022, 03:55:44 pm »
After landing in LAS, I got a highloader for the aft hold of the 737. I had selected the position before landing and the highloader was waiting for me. There was a belt on the forward hold. I am using the default profile for the PMDG 737. any ideas?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 03:59:29 pm by airlinetycoon »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Highloader 737 pax
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 06:37:23 pm »
The default configuration for the PMDG 737 that comes with GSX surely uses only Conveyor Belt, no doubt about that so, unless you change it yourself, you shouldn't normally see those.

However, it's possible if you are using a custom GSX profile for the airport, that whoever made it changed the loader type at that parking spot, probably because he doesn't use 737s.

Usually the loader type doesn't require changing on a parking spot, especially if the parking is suitable for non-Heavy airplanes. The reason for having the option is usually to *disable* a loader because it couldn't maneuver in any way without clashing into something,  but for the maximum flexibility we also allowed to set a specific kind, even if it shouldn't probably used, unless you are sure that parking spot is only used by planes that *can* use an ULD loader.

airlinetycoon

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 09:06:53 pm »
Thanks for the feedback, Umberto. I do not use a customised profile. I have also experienced it with the A320, where ULDs were defined (everything was fine at the departure airport), but belts were loaded on landing. Or a mix of belt and highloader. This often only happens if the parking position is selected below 10,000ft before landing. The problem with the 737 has only occurred once so far.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 09:18:34 am »
If you are sure the airplane configuration specifies Belt loaders, you can be sure the only thing that might result in ULD loaders to appear instead, is a parking customization.