Author Topic: GSX Pro doesn't work 75% of the time  (Read 5300 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro doesn't work 75% of the time
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2022, 08:28:40 am »
Did a full reinstall of GSX.

Now I have no audio...

A GSX reinstall surely cannot affect how your audio drivers supports ( or not ) OpenAL, which is the only requirement for GSX audio to work. Sometimes the audio drivers don't initialize in time, so you might just try to restart Couatl, and see if they appear.

If they never work, regardless how many times you try, it's possible you audio drivers don't support OpenAL, so you need to either update them, or try different drivers, sometimes the manufacturer drivers works better, sometime it's the opposite and default Windows drivers works better.

Also, GSX doesn't support audio devices that can be plugged out dynamically, like USB audio cards. That doesn't mean you can't use them, but they need to be active *before* you start GSX, if you plug the audio device after you start GSX, you'll have to restart it to have it available in GSX. None of this will ever require restarting the simulator.

Moridin

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2022, 07:15:19 pm »
Did a full reinstall of GSX.

Now I have no audio...

A GSX reinstall surely cannot affect how your audio drivers supports ( or not ) OpenAL, which is the only requirement for GSX audio to work. Sometimes the audio drivers don't initialize in time, so you might just try to restart Couatl, and see if they appear.

If they never work, regardless how many times you try, it's possible you audio drivers don't support OpenAL, so you need to either update them, or try different drivers, sometimes the manufacturer drivers works better, sometime it's the opposite and default Windows drivers works better.

Also, GSX doesn't support audio devices that can be plugged out dynamically, like USB audio cards. That doesn't mean you can't use them, but they need to be active *before* you start GSX, if you plug the audio device after you start GSX, you'll have to restart it to have it available in GSX. None of this will ever require restarting the simulator.

1. Drivers work.
2. I uninstall GSX.
3. I install GSX.
4. Driver's don't work.

Yeah, it's not the drivers. I had audio in Discord, MSFS, and everywhere else the whole time (was chatting in Discord). Just not in your software.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 07:42:13 pm by Moridin »

Moridin

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2022, 07:17:54 pm »
Airport: Aerosoft EBBR not from Marketplace but from Aerosoft.com with EBBR GSX profile.

SU10 Navdata function: On.

Still doesn't work.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 08:38:10 pm by Moridin »

Moridin

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2022, 07:49:05 pm »
Please enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and post the .LOG file immediately after the problem happens.

I tried to do that after the failure at EBBR but I can't because GSX won't load - infinite spinner. Any suggestions?

Moridin

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2022, 09:12:16 pm »
Just loaded into ENTO from Orbx.

"AFCAD data for this airport cannot be found."

PS. It's there, where it should be, in the airport folder.

This would be funny if it wasn't tragic.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 09:18:01 pm by Moridin »

Ankh

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2022, 10:27:57 pm »
Same issues here with EBBR. Also on FSDT LSZH it took me three attempts and one Couatl restart until it finally worked as it should.

Could it be that the last AIRAC update from Navigraph corrupted certain things here?

pete_auau

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2022, 06:50:36 am »
Please enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and post the .LOG file immediately after the problem happens.

I tried to do that after the failure at EBBR but I can't because GSX won't load - infinite spinner. Any suggestions?
i get  that all the  time  when  starting  the  sim  what solved it  for  me  was  to press  the  gsx icon  to  close  the  gsx  menu  went  to  my  desk top  and  clicked  the  shortcut  start coultl for  gsx   than  the coouatl  will appear in task bar  saying  loaded etc   and  than  everything   works  fine. This  works  100 percent  all the  time  for  me

Seth2413

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2022, 08:46:54 am »
You know what, this program reminds me of my wife.  It will only put out when its in the mood and that aint very often.  Uninstalled, reinstalled, updated with addon manager, still no passengers, I had them at one stage though.  Everything else works and can be seen and I can hear them boarding but my passesngers are invisible.  No decent jetways with any hoardings on side anymore, they have now disappeared.  This was at the default EDDB. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 08:55:17 am by Seth2413 »

grekka

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2022, 02:04:59 pm »
i have also had issues just recently!!
no sound?
when i land i have to restart cortual evreytime as it closes?

so frustrating

senchay

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2022, 09:02:59 pm »
I have some of these issues too lately.

Being the circling menu where the menu-contents dont show up. Sometimes not even restarting couatl helps in this case.
Or that the pushback isnt started. It usually does on the second try though.

Also the fonts from the parking help show up constantly now. Right after loading in already.

All those issues only started lately. And im doing the suggested way (at least it was suggested for a while after release), by first updating in the Installer and then installing the newest download installer here.

Is that not right anymore maybe?

Im one the ppl where it worked nearly 95% before for quite a while, was helping many others with issues succesfully. But now im hit too.

But i dont think i need support so far, will try update once again, if nothing helps i may post the log too.

PS: i dont have maketplace airports. Only Contrail, Simmarket, Orbx etc.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 09:04:44 pm by senchay »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2022, 09:59:31 am »
Airport: Aerosoft EBBR not from Marketplace but from Aerosoft.com with EBBR GSX profile.

Since you haven't posted any log as you are supposed to do, I can't possibly be sure if that's your case but, if you searched the forum, you would have found another thread about Aerosoft EBBR named "SU10 Navdata API + Aerosoft EBBR"

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28166.0.html

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2022, 10:01:34 am »
when i land i have to restart cortual evreytime as it closes?

Already discussed and answered here, in the thread named "restart couatl everytime i land?"

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28337.msg185284.html#msg185284