Author Topic: GSX Pro doesn't work 75% of the time  (Read 5302 times)

Moridin

Re: GSX Pro doesn't work 75% of the time
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2022, 11:41:25 pm »
Landed at MMMX (FlyMex via Marketplace):

Code: [Select]
PMDG_Handler.pop() code 623
PMDG_Handler.pop() code 616
PMDG_Handler.pop() code 608
PMDG_Handler.pop() code 606
emulateMenu_MSFS
emulateMenu_MSFS CHOICE 0
channel.balance =  -1
MSFS always use CheckIcingConditionsSimple() + surface condition
Icing test =  0 20.9670410156 False
IKSimObjectMover.freeze(USER)
Pushback Detach entered
wingmanOperate
wingmanOperate towbaropen
pushbackArmsOpened notify
Pushback Detach self.sema.join()
moveTruck()
MSFS always use CheckIcingConditionsSimple() + surface condition
Icing test =  0 19.9583740234 False
aircraftDisengaged
onExitedAirport KLAX
Loading airport MMMX from \\?\C:\Users\wojte\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base-genericairports\scenery\0203\APX21250.bgl
Searching for jetways...

And infinite spinner...

Moridin

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2022, 11:49:25 pm »
Can anyone recommend a proper FULL uninstallation procedure, so I can just start fresh? Don't think it'll help but shouldn't hurt.

goose66

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2022, 03:31:03 am »
Yep, not seeing any of this behavior and neither is everyone else, so, must be a local issue of some type.
I always run flight simulator in admin mode and never have a problem with any of my autostart addons starting as they are expected.

We're in a 400+ person Discord which begs to differ. Almost everyone is having major issues with GSX. Many have uninstalled.
Notice, I said "neither is EVERYONE else" not ANYONE.  However, you seem to be indicating that a vast majority of the 400+ people are having "major issues".  Are they all the same issue?  If different issues, what is the ratio of people in the Discord channel to each issue?

You can beg to differ all you want.  Simple statement on my part.  I have not had, nor am having any of these issues.  So, either something is occurring locally, or I have one of the few working copies of GSX.  What makes more sense?  I guess I could just be pretending to be having no issues when in reality I am.  What good would that do me? 

With regard to add ons started automatically, like GSX or Fenix, I believe that my running MSFS as admin has saved me from many issues.  Granted, I don't have any empirical basis for this thought other than it works for me.  Your and your discord folks experience does not change mine.  I have had no problems.  Differ away.
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

goose66

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2022, 03:36:33 am »
Is this issue happening at ALL airports?  Is it happening only with Asobo airports.  Is it happening only with purchases from the market place?  What about freeware scenery?  Have the flights been attempted with stock aircraft or add on aircraft with stock liveries?  I cannot tell you how many issues I have tracked down to either freeware scenery or some livery that I had installed but was not even using.

This is why when I fly, I use MSFS Addons Linker and only load in the single departure airport, single arrival airport, single aircraft and single livery I am going to use.  I do not need some add on in Europe to bust up my flight from KDFW to KORD, or for the really cool Fenix livery I just downloaded to screw up a flight that I am doing in the PMDG.

My system takes me an extra 30 seconds before I fire up MSFS (in admin mode always) and I just don't have issues with any addon.
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

Ironkidz

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2022, 04:22:05 am »
No one is asking if you are not having the problem. This thread is about those who are. So please stop with the defensive posture when you arent bringing anything relevant to the conversation.

This is persistent across all of the conditions you listed. It is a bug on the Couatl/Virtuali side.

Seth2413

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2022, 12:08:50 pm »
Gotta agree.  cant recal a time when it all worked correctly.  Im watching my plane being loaded at LGAV and the luggae carts are loading but i get no passengers.  This is such a frustrating program.  I have no idea what version im using and whether it is up to date.  I constantly re-load the addon manager exe file and hope that it worked which is maybe 50% of the time.  Im getting some serious stuttering issues at moment and not sure if this is being caused by all the bugs in this program, who knows. 

HeicoH

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2022, 01:09:06 pm »
Well, as Umberto stated in another thread: you are not able to find out which version you are using, because FSDT intentionally hides from you which version is current.
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2022, 04:29:36 pm »
Attached is a log file of the latest failure.

That's not a log file, that's a panic log, which shows only an error without details about it. Please enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and post the .LOG file immediately after the problem happens.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2022, 04:32:54 pm »

First, DO NOT post parts of the log inside a message but, follow the instructions which say to ZIP a log file and ATTACH it to a post.

In any case, from what I can gather from the lines you posted, is you are trying to use a Marketplace airport without having enabled the SU10 Navdata option, because your log shows it's opening a .BGL, which in this case the default one, since it cannot obviously open the encrypted one, so clearly it cannot work properly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2022, 04:39:32 pm »
Well, as Umberto stated in another thread: you are not able to find out which version you are using, because FSDT intentionally hides from you which version is current.

That's not obviously what I said. I said that, a program made of more than 30.000 files, a "version number" is a completely useless concept because, the only way to know for sure you have the "latest version", is to check all files to be the correct one, and download them if they aren't, which is exactly what the updater does.

Which means, you don't have to worry about the "version number": if you started the updater, and it didn't download anything other than the files that supposed to always be downloaded ( those are clearly indicated in the Sticky thread in the Release Notes ) you can be sure you HAVE THE LAST VERSION,

HeicoH

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2022, 04:47:25 pm »
If I would write why I think you hide the version number from the users, I probably would be banned from the the forum.
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2022, 05:24:16 pm »
If I would write why I think you hide the version number from the users, I probably would be banned from the the forum.

Since you are writing this, it seems you don't believe my explanation why a version number is useless, so you managed to be wrong twice:

1) Assuming we "hide the version number from users", which is absurd because, if you read and understood what I wrote, it should have been obvious that our program doesn't even have a concept of a "version number" so, clearly, we can't obviously hide an information we don't have, because we don't need it, for reasons explained so many times.

2) Assuming if you wrote what you think it's the "real reason", you would be banned. Not sure why you would think that. Nobody is denying a chance to post nonsense ( as long you don't offend anybody: THAT will grant to a ban ), but be prepared to have your theory completely disproven with hard facts that, as the developer of the updater, I can easily provide, something you can't, which places you immediately at a disadvantages, since I can backup what I say with evidence and information you don't have, not possibly knowing how the system really works.

Moridin

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2022, 08:43:59 pm »
Did a full reinstall of GSX.

Now I have no audio... :-/

Moridin

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2022, 08:49:26 pm »

First, DO NOT post parts of the log inside a message but, follow the instructions which say to ZIP a log file and ATTACH it to a post.

In any case, from what I can gather from the lines you posted, is you are trying to use a Marketplace airport without having enabled the SU10 Navdata option, because your log shows it's opening a .BGL, which in this case the default one, since it cannot obviously open the encrypted one, so clearly it cannot work properly.

This was only on 1-2 of the flights. The rest were non-Marketplace.

mseder

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2022, 01:53:31 am »
I guess many have my feeling when clicking on the GSX button - a raffle wheel starts spinning and you have the feeling of becoming a loser.

And it's very hard to find a distinct and clear way of getting the eternal "please wait" behaviour or other issues, repeated.
One issue can be solved by itself after a while, or the GSX panel starts working when you're about to land.

GSX feels a bit unstable, but I guess the best thing to do is to handle logs and test-scenarios and hopefully this product will start getting settled in time.

One positive thing is the link/unlink option in the live update program.

Mats