Author Topic: GSX Will never load at the destination Airport  (Read 4707 times)

Dal123

Re: GSX Will never load at the destination Airport
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2022, 12:22:11 am »
I also had checked the SU10 API enabled box. I flew 3 different airports. At start all worked well. I flew to destination airport and got to gate. Shut off engines. Tried to start GSX and just got program spinning and loading. Would not start. I unchecked the SU10 API and restarted sim. All back to normal starting, Landing at gate and restarting GSX after engine shut down.
Gary Boivin

mpo910

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2022, 03:56:50 pm »
Please confirm if restarting Couatl from the Traybar icon will fix the problem.

Confirmed. At 100% of the usage in every single flight the couatl Engine crashes exactly 1 time. So thats the reason why you see a spinning wheel when opening GSX in the menu bar. Restarting couatl via the system tray is solving the problem. Couatly get started and the GSX menu in the sim via the simbar is opening like it shoot.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2022, 04:27:43 pm »
Are you investigating this @virtuali Umberto?

We obviously are, and we gathered enough evidence from all these reports than the problem is not GSX ( it almost never is ), but it's the simulator that for some reason just stop calling GSX code back, which is how Simconnect normally works: your code is executed when Simconnect calls you back, so it seems it get stuck for some reason.

We think this might be an inherent Simconnect problem that possibly have been there since FSX, and a possible solution, is to add a "watchdog" code to ensure Simconnect is calling us and, if no calls arrive after a given amount of time ( like 30 or 60 seconds ), we might just do auto-restart, which will re-establish the connection.

We are working on the update right now, but it's not done yet.

alexm90

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2022, 04:47:25 pm »
Thank you Umberto

floed

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2023, 11:26:39 am »
Hi Umberto, I am not sure if you have made any updates to resolve this problem yet, but GSX Pro still never works at the destination airport for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2023, 11:52:59 am »
Hi Umberto, I am not sure if you have made any updates to resolve this problem yet, but GSX Pro still never works at the destination airport for me

We haven't done any updates, since we never be able to replicate this, GSX works at the destination airport 100% of the time here.

That's why I'm trying to gather some evidence, because any eventual fix is done "in the blind", without any hint about what is causing it but, if you read my previous post, the last evidence SEEMS to suggest that Simconnect simply disconnected, and I'm afraid this might be caused by using too many add-ons calling into it, possibly triggering some kind of bug in the sim itself.

It might be helpful if you provided with extra information, like:

- if you are using the SU10 Navdata option or not

- which other add-ons you use

- if you can fix the problem by restarting Couatl from the Traybar icon ( or starting it from the Desktop icon ) before landing.

Tibor

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2023, 10:19:44 pm »
Hello,

The problem still persist.
Today on all of my flights at the destination airport the GSX window was just spinning, manual start of couatl was required.
EGLL (Asobo), Fenix A320
LHBP (LHSimulations), PMDG 738

Is there any progress here? Seems this problem is existing since 6 months now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2023, 08:37:00 pm »
There isn't any progress because, as I confirmed multiple times, we were never be able to reproduce it.

As already discussed several times on this forum:

- Several users reported the problem fixed by ENABLING Windows 8 Compatibility for the Couatl64_MSFS.EXE. Since those users were the majority, this option is now enabled by default.

- A few users reported the problem is fixed by DISABLING Windows 8 Compatibility for the Couatl64_MSFS.EXE. These very very few, but it's possible you might fall into this case.

- Some users also reported the problem to be fixed by also setting the "Run As Adminstrator" flag for the Couatl64_MSFS.EXE file.

I can only confirm I see no difference whatsoever, no matter the options used, it never crashes for me so, I can only trust other users reports and offers suggestions to try.