Author Topic: gsx pro could not find valid afcad data  (Read 3039 times)

romaf12008

gsx pro could not find valid afcad data
« on: October 24, 2022, 07:06:17 pm »
Good evening! What happened, I don't understand. Just started the simulator and everything worked. Loaded up at another airport and started popping up this "gsx pro could not find valid afcad data". And now in all airports

GreyStone93

Re: gsx pro could not find valid afcad data
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 08:12:07 pm »
I've got the exact same issue this evening, its just hanging on loading and then it will tell me it couldn't find valid data for this position services are unavailable

Frenchie2022

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 08:46:56 pm »
Same here. I got that error message for CYUL and LFPG.

DuskoO

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 08:53:22 am »
Hello,

I have similar problem with GSX. I did following, fully removed GSX from PC all files and registry traces. Installed with all default options and first start of MSFS everything is working all airplanes all airports everything BUT BUT after simulator restart i receive AFCAD error, nothing changed or updated just log massage for AFCAD with number 6 at the end of that line. no panic log created nothing.

So can anyone tell me should i reinstall GSX every time i want to fly or there is something i need to delete before i start simulator or any other solution that is working.

THANKS.  >:( :-\ >:( :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 11:11:45 am »
Please confirm if you are using the SU10 Navdata option.

DuskoO

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 11:17:31 am »
Please confirm if you are using the SU10 Navdata option.

Yes i I'm using SU10 Navdata option. But also tried without it and same thing happen again (no AFCAD)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 11:25:13 am »
Yes i I'm using SU10 Navdata option. But also tried without it and same thing happen again (no AFCAD)

It's surely not the "same thing", since when using the SU10 Navdata the method of reading the airport is completely different.  Please post your log after you see the message. Since that error is not a panic error, you won't have any log if you don't enable logging first.

DuskoO

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2022, 11:33:24 am »
I know that it's not same thing. Logging to be enabled i must have working GSX and access menu from within simulator, but in case of AFCAD massage menu flashes and closes so I'm unable to access option. Good thing is that while it was working i enabled logging. Ill send log today. is there any other way to enable logging without accessing menu?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 11:35:14 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 11:36:23 am »
Is there any other way to enable logging without accessing menu?

Of course, in the Sticky thread named "How to report a problem"

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

steveuk86

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2022, 02:51:43 pm »
i had this problem when i ticked the su10 use api, found out it was looking for my Official folder in AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache so i deleted the 2 empty Official and Community folders in that location as i have them localed on another drive, fixed my problem

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2022, 02:57:23 pm »
i had this problem when i ticked the su10 use api, found out it was looking for my Official folder in AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache so i deleted the 2 empty Official and Community folders in that location as i have them localed on another drive, fixed my problem

Your log before removing those folders would have been helpful because, when using the Navdata API, the Community folder is not read and not required, except for loading some parameters of the aircraft.cfg that are not reported through Simconnect.

So, it's strange that something that shouldn't have any effect on the airport menu would cause a problem with the parking positions with the Navdata API Enabled, but unexpected issues like these are always possible, that's why a log is useful to find them.

DuskoO

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2022, 06:01:33 pm »

Your log before removing those folders would have been helpful because, when using the Navdata API, the Community folder is not read and not required, except for loading some parameters of the aircraft.cfg that are not reported through Simconnect.

So, it's strange that something that shouldn't have any effect on the airport menu would cause a problem with the parking positions with the Navdata API Enabled, but unexpected issues like these are always possible, that's why a log is useful to find them.

Here is log file...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 06:18:07 pm by DuskoO »

romaf12008

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2022, 05:22:52 pm »
SO WHAT IS THE SOLUTION? Everything worked. It starts working for me after reinstallation. But that's not normal. And the process is not very fast. I have to run and fly. And it takes me another 2 hours for the GSX to start working

ironlemon

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2022, 07:23:30 am »
I'm having the same problem and it kinda looks like Oct 25th update broke something for me. On the 23rd (running the previous, 10/21 update) I tried flying from FlyDesign EPGD with a GSX profile from flightsim.to and everything worked without issues. Today, on version 10/25, I tried the same airport + the same stand and got the afcad error. The only difference is I've been using PMDG 737 for the first flight and Fenix A320 for the second.

romaf12008

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2022, 10:40:29 am »
If you look carefully, then my problem got out on October 24