Author Topic: Change the height of the marshaller  (Read 1017 times)

Yellow11

Change the height of the marshaller
« on: October 23, 2022, 06:35:44 am »
Is there any way to put marshaller on higher ground for taller aircraft?
I tried to change the height of the marshaller in the parking system customization, but there was no visual change.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Change the height of the marshaller
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 02:14:35 pm »
Is there any way to put marshaller on higher ground for taller aircraft? I tried to change the height of the marshaller in the parking system customization, but there was no visual change.

The Marshaller will be automatically placed on a ladder, if its position compared to the eyepoint position in the cockpit results in the marshaller being beyond your field of view.

Yellow11

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 05:16:58 pm »
The Marshaller will be automatically placed on a ladder, if its position compared to the eyepoint position in the cockpit results in the marshaller being beyond your field of view.

To ensure that the Marshaller is placed on the ladder, should it be placed as close to the Stop Position as possible?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 05:31:28 pm »
To ensure that the Marshaller is placed on the ladder, should it be placed as close to the Stop Position as possible?

It shouldn't matter how close, it's enough you set a custom position for the Marshaller, so it will be placed on the ladder or not automatically, depending on plane's eyepoint. By placing it closer, you might be able to always force it on a ladder.

AirBorne

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 06:36:51 am »
Something unpleasant is happening, since I'm flying the Boeing 737, the marshaller is mostly always showing up on the ladder, but the ladder is too high for the 737, which causes the marshaller to vanish from my view when I get closer. Is there a method for having a lower ladder or choosing no ladder at all?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 11:03:32 am »
Something unpleasant is happening, since I'm flying the Boeing 737, the marshaller is mostly always showing up on the ladder, but the ladder is too high for the 737, which causes the marshaller to vanish from my view when I get closer. Is there a method for having a lower ladder or choosing no ladder at all?

Just move the Marshaller position a bit back, so he won't need a Ladder to begin with.