Author Topic: Disabling Automatic Doors  (Read 1325 times)

SWAPilot

Disabling Automatic Doors
« on: October 18, 2022, 11:40:00 pm »
I would like to disable automatic door operation on the PMDG as it appears it doesn't work too well (overwing exits open, aft cargo door needs to be manually opened). Is there an option for disabling this feature?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Disabling Automatic Doors
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 08:54:36 am »
I would like to disable automatic door operation on the PMDG as it appears it doesn't work too well (overwing exits open

Please provide precise, exact, reproduction steps when the overwing exit opens, because I'm still failing to replicate that.

aft cargo door needs to be manually opened)

Assuming the overwing option will be fixed, are you asking for always have to manually open ALL doors, just because SOME of them not always open automatically ? Not sure how that would be an improvement.

SWAPilot

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 07:41:19 pm »
PMDG 737 with the default apron load state. When I request boarding the left rear door, both forward doors, and front baggage door open. The aft cargo door does not.

I'm not saying it would be an improvement but I think it would be a nice option.

CaptKornDog

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 07:37:12 pm »
An old thread, but I also would love to see an option to disable automatic door handling.  I'm just a simmer who prefers to operate the doors myself explicitly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 01:56:11 pm »
We are considering adding that option.

It will be optional and not enabled by Default because, when a new airplane comes out and for any reason we don't have automatic door support for it, we are then bombarded by users ( mostly on the support email, the user on the forum are usually more advanced ) reporting it as a "bug", since they  expect doors to always be automatically opened, because that's how they work in default aircraft.