Author Topic: install GSX on new computer  (Read 939 times)

madhattr15

install GSX on new computer
« on: October 18, 2022, 10:33:50 am »
I tried installing GSX and GSX Level2 on a new computer but every access code I have I tried and thy won't work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: install GSX on new computer
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 10:43:02 am »
As explained in manual and so many times on the forum, you shouldn't post questions about activations on the forum because, of course, my next question would have been asking about your order, your key or other personal details we can't obviously share on the forum, that's why for those kind of questions you should always use the support email.

As a general rule, this the common issues users usually found:

- Confusing GSX with GSX Level 2, for example trying to activate GSX with a key for GSX L2 or vice-versa. They are two separate products, using different keys so, be sure you have selected the right product before activation, and use the right key.

- Trying to use an old Esellerate key ( those that starts with FSDT ) when a firewall is blocking the program in the sim, so the License Wizard pop-up. While you CAN use a legacy key with our software, when the firewall blocks it and the QLM License Wizard pops-up, you MUST use a QLM key with it, the ones that starts with an A. In 2019, when Esellerate closed and we moved to QLM, all existing legacy keys have been associated to a new QLM key, which you can retrieve using the link on the FAQ page starting from your email.

- If you start the FSDT Universal Installer, you can activate from there without starting the sim, and you CAN use either QLM keys or Legacy keys there, and there's a button "Get your keys" pointing to the Self-help site to retrieve keys, so this might be easier to use than doing it inside the sim.